Archived Pathway to ETL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

I was wondering what the timeline looks like at target to become executive team leader? I am going to graduate with my bachelors in communications soon. I got an offer for accessories and apparel team member. I was also wondering what is Target’s upward mobility look like? If I work hard, and once I graduate, would I have a good chance of becoming an executive team leader? If so, how long does that usually take to happen?

Thank you!

-M

Hi everyone!

I was wondering what the timeline looks like at target to become executive team leader? I am going to graduate with my bachelors in communications soon. I got an offer for accessories and apparel team member. I was also wondering what is Target’s upward mobility look like? If I work hard, and once I graduate, would I have a good chance of becoming an executive team leader? If so, how long does that usually take to happen?

Thank you!

-M
Pathway from TM to ETL is years. Like, a bunch of years. It definitely happens though. It’s what I’m trying to do. To give you an idea, my journey on this path has been faster than it typically is. I’m almost 3 years in, going on my third role, and it’ll be another year to year and a half before I start getting antsy about promoting to ETL.

Yes, do the internship! Not all are offered the position but it is going to be much easier for you than to promote from TM to ETL.

After getting the job, waiting months for store placement, working 50 plus hours. No life balance.

It really depends on your STL and ETL. I have been at my store less than 1 yr. And going for ETL interview in a couple weeks.
Hi everyone!

Thank you!

-M

It really depends on your STL and ETL. I have been at my store less than 1 yr. And going for ETL interview in a couple weeks.
Not just your leadership but your district and group play a huge part. Plenty of districts out there with young etls with high turn over / promotion rate so they have a big pool of potential candidates. Then there’s groups/districts like mine where everyone dies in their role it takes forever to promote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back