Archived payroll is getting tighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggestion

At both stores I have worked at TLs have been 'asked' if they would cut to 32 so there would be more hours for team members... Only happened 2 weeks last year that I can recall, but, when we miss sales several days in a row you can bet that all TLs/Assistants are called into an office where there are at least 3 execs (intimidation factor?) that ask us if there is anything that we can cut from our department...

They also inform us that they are trying to cut something like 300 hours for the week..... only they started cutting on a thursday!! thats only 100 hours a day!!!

Suggestion...if the store needs to cut hours, instead of cutting people randomly, why not ask for volunteers? (not just TL's but everyone)....some people want more hours than they are getting....but others want LESS....
they could just post a note by the time clock saying "hey...anybody want tomorrow off? see the STL....".......they would probably get volunteers...then the hours could go to someone who needs them.

Suggestion...if the store needs to cut hours, instead of cutting people randomly, why not ask for volunteers? (not just TL's but everyone)....some people want more hours than they are getting....but others want LESS....
they could just post a note by the time clock saying "hey...anybody want tomorrow off? see the STL....".......they would probably get volunteers...then the hours could go to someone who needs them.

Probably what always happens in these type of situations is the good people that they actually want there volunteer for as much time off as they can get, and then the problematic employees volunteer for the extra hours. lol

Probably what always happens in these type of situations is the good people that they actually want there volunteer for as much time off as they can get, and then the problematic employees volunteer for the extra hours. lol

Dude, you just named my store!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back