Archived PDA/LPDA RF Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what will happen to my fa or flex fill option?
I suspect the SFS functions will be some of the last to go. They put so much effort into developing and improving the current app.

Store pickup might get moved over first, but it's still a backroom task so it shouldn't happen until backroom functions are moved as well.

I would love to see corporate go to stores 30 mom after opening, grab one of their beloved mydevices, and see how long it works.

I can't believe how much they're gutting PDAs with almost no reason. I can understand not wanting to deal with legacy support, but they're forcing these things into EOL and it's a detriment to us.

I'm still not understanding the intent of removing applications in general, especially if they're backtracking on some of them. What is gained by removing vital functions of the PDA? Does it cost money to have them there? MyDevices haven't proven more reliable, they're skirting the line by forcing us to rely heavily on something that isn't readily available for all TMs that require it.

Weird.

Likely it costs money to maintain two systems with-in stores so you'd cut back the resources of the older system and slowly consolidate to the new system, pretty standard. That being said the new system doesn't have a replacement for PDA functionality in terms of reliability and robustness needed for logistical purposes.

They claim to be saving money by using less servers and no longer needing IT people to work on those specific apps.

But in reality, any cost savings is completely overshadowed by lost productivity at the store level and increased workload on the IT people.

They claim to be saving money by using less servers and no longer needing IT people to work on those specific apps.

But in reality, any cost savings is completely overshadowed by lost productivity at the store level and increased workload on the IT people.
The amount of time spent looking for equipment and/or messing around with it to get it to work, for employees at 1800 stores has to translate to a shit ton of wasted payroll dollars every single day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back