Archived PDA's to iPods

• Thread starter TMSF
  • Start date
  • Replies 28
  • Views 5K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stores in most every market will be testing iPhones for PDAs and iPads for LODs later this year with an intended rollout of whole company in 2014 or '15. Has your store started to really lock down the PDAs and walkers lately? That means your STL wants to be one of the tester stores... Each location has to show they are serious about tracking and security on the current PDAs before street valued equipment is put in there.

Also fwitw, how an iPad for an LOD shift would be anything but horrible I have no idea, but that's beside the point, right? Lol

I read on sharepoint regarding new equipment. Apple devices are not Rolling out. Lpdas are bein replaced with some sort of Motorola cellphone looking device. PDAs will be replaced with the same device just updated hardware(instead of a straight line you can scan from any direction. Upside down side ways etc ).. Target is mostly focusing on the software rf apps.. Item search etc.

I really hope this is more the case than iPhones. I really can't see the backroom using iPhones anyways.

If they DO get rolled out, they best be using Otterboxes or Griffin Survivor cases, cause the way equipment gets dropped at my store, iPhones would be broken otherwise. lol

I read on sharepoint regarding new equipment. Apple devices are not Rolling out. Lpdas are bein replaced with some sort of Motorola cellphone looking device. PDAs will be replaced with the same device just updated hardware(instead of a straight line you can scan from any direction. Upside down side ways etc ).. Target is mostly focusing on the software rf apps.. Item search etc.

I really hope this is more the case than iPhones. I really can't see the backroom using iPhones anyways.

If they DO get rolled out, they best be using Otterboxes or Griffin Survivor cases, cause the way equipment gets dropped at my store, iPhones would be broken otherwise. lol
the ones Lowe's has have a heavy duty case around them making them slightly smaller than an LPDA

My husband had been working at Lowes for close to a year now (started out at 10.39/hr but that's a whole different topic) and says they have them and they're nice. Had a guest comment on my pda about it being in the way. I'm forever bumping into people and things with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back