Archived pda's trashed??

Status
Not open for further replies.
This week has been insane for our PDA here. The in store scanners stopped working on Friday and our PDA's started freaking out on Tuesday and I showed up for work yesterday and my ETL said I could take the day off today and either come in on thursday or friday, because the PDA's are still offline or work with Flow Team. If the PDA's are not working then that means an all push truck no thanks! that was 2300! I got a call this morning from my TL saying i didn't have to show up because the PDA'S were still OUT!! My original schedule says I have today and tomorrow off. I told my ETL that I would be in Friday to replace Tuesday. What if the PDA's are still down. Also, target.com/myschedule is not working right now either. Are we the only store having these issues?

The PDA's went down one time right before my backroom shift. I was told "prebackstock" which is pretending you're doing shit because the DTL is in the store

The PDA's went down one time right before my backroom shift. I was told "prebackstock" which is pretending you're doing shit because the DTL is in the store

The physical labor for backstocking can mostly be done without PDAs. Take case stock and leave it sticking out a few inches from the shelf so it can be scanned in once the PDAs are back up. You can do that with loose stock and wacos as well as long as you can remember which items you added to them.

There should also be red "X" stickers that can be placed on bulk pallets that need to be scanned in.

The physical labor for backstocking can mostly be done without PDAs. Take case stock and leave it sticking out a few inches from the shelf so it can be scanned in once the PDAs are back up. You can do that with loose stock and wacos as well as long as you can remember which items you added to them.

There should also be red "X" stickers that can be placed on bulk pallets that need to be scanned in.

We have gotten red, green or whatever color dot stickers and dotted the item, then the guy with the PDA comes through back stocking and pulls them off. A bit more labor in time but you hopefully don't miss stuff. Only once did we have to do it.

Is see what you're saying. But wouldn't that mess up fillgroups if the person didn't know where the item went? Like people putting Cereal in GRO1/3 instead of 2?

You could put a gray dot (from the instocks team, because the store probably has tons of them) on each box that needs to be sto'd when the PDAs come back.

You could also write down all the locations where you're backstocking stuff and LOCU each location.

Is see what you're saying. But wouldn't that mess up fillgroups if the person didn't know where the item went? Like people putting Cereal in GRO1/3 instead of 2?
Pulling that item in a batch would be sort of annoying, but in my store all the grocery stuff is in two adjacent aisles, so it's not that big of a deal.

Only if your backroom TMs don't know where things are supposed to go. If they have been there any length of time, they know what department #s belong in which fill group and know what aisle to put it in. Also, your backstock should be fairly sorted coming off the truck.

You could put a gray dot (from the instocks team, because the store probably has tons of them) on each box that needs to be sto'd when the PDAs come back.

True, but the red "X" sticker's I'm referring to are much larger and more noticeable than the grey dots are. The "x" stickers we use are roughly 2" x 3".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back