Archived Pedestal checkout?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my local Targets has lanes with no conveyer belts. It's fucking hell, and I never shop there because of that.

I jumped on as backup on a lane that had the conveyor broken. It was hell. Of course I got all the full carts, including the "are you open!?" people. A lower volume Target nearby has the staggered lane thing, but they still have conveyors, if shorter ones than we have. Those cart-like things only work at places where people only buy a couple things and can checkout anywhere, but one of the Target memes is "go in for one thing, spend $100" so why on earth would you make it harder to check out MORE items???

I jumped on as backup on a lane that had the conveyor broken. It was hell. Of course I got all the full carts, including the "are you open!?" people. A lower volume Target nearby has the staggered lane thing, but they still have conveyors, if shorter ones than we have. Those cart-like things only work at places where people only buy a couple things and can checkout anywhere, but one of the Target memes is "go in for one thing, spend $100" so why on earth would you make it harder to check out MORE items???
This is what I didnt understand when we were told thats what we are getting. Also why my gsa is seriously considering leaving if it happens. Heck we dont even have more than three cashiers for our 12 lanes (not including the one we have at gsd). We ALWAYS get complaints about being like walmart with our cahiers and backup.

I suspect it's people at corporate getting too caught up in the online mentality and forgetting that there are fundamental differences between online vs in-store shopping and while the average cart totals may be similar (may, just guessing), the in-store carts likely have a higher volume of less-expensive items than online.

Tbh I wouldn’t mind a grocery store set up where we unload the cart because then I could actually group things together in some kind of order

I can understand them being in an express store but why put them in a pfresh store :/ I mean yeah we have a small store square footage wise but we still have a crap ton of stuff. When we got told about this yesterday my gstl nearly walked out :( Guest service is already hard to do without the conveyor belts I cant imagine what will happen when they replace all of our belts -_-

There's a pfresh store in my district that has no belts on the registers. It's an older store. But the store I was at had belts.

Tbh I wouldn’t mind a grocery store set up where we unload the cart because then I could actually group things together in some kind of order.

You would be the only one (aside from me). One of the reasons I hate cashiering is nobody does that. We have full belts and everything, but everyone just piles stuff on willy-nilly and it suuucks.

Box/cans first! Bread/chips last! Veggies grouped together! (Raw) meat grouped together! Non-grocery at the back (unless it's in a box and not a cleaning product or something and can go in with the food)! But no. Too hard, apparently.

Tbh I wouldn’t mind a grocery store set up where we unload the cart because then I could actually group things together in some kind of order.

You would be the only one (aside from me). One of the reasons I hate cashiering is nobody does that. We have full belts and everything, but everyone just piles stuff on willy-nilly and it suuucks.

Box/cans first! Bread/chips last! Veggies grouped together! (Raw) meat grouped together! Non-grocery at the back (unless it's in a box and not a cleaning product or something and can go in with the food)! But no. Too hard, apparently.

Truth! Where I'm at now we have courtesy clerks but sometimes I have to beg myself and I only have one set of bags to work with.. it's kinda annoying to have a bunch of fruit and then a random bag of meat or soap.. oh well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back