Archived Pedestal checkout?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know anything about pedestal checkout? Heard somwthing about getting rid of conveyor belts and having a platform instead? Im really confused on how this is a good idea o_O

I can understand them being in an express store but why put them in a pfresh store :/ I mean yeah we have a small store square footage wise but we still have a crap ton of stuff. When we got told about this yesterday my gstl nearly walked out :( Guest service is already hard to do without the conveyor belts I cant imagine what will happen when they replace all of our belts -_-

Isn't that basically a Fast Lane/Express Checkout? Or would this replace all checklanes? I can only imagine in super small stores

Isn't that basically a Fast Lane/Express Checkout? Or would this replace all checklanes? I can only imagine in super small stores

Its replacing all our checklanes. We arent big we are the smallest square footage wise in the district but we get heaavy guest traffic due to our location. Most days we do over 100k busy days we can reach 200 or 250k.

Hmm I am not sure our lod said there would be just a surface to lace items on for checkout. If thats it I cant imagine how that would work with our traffic

Sounds like our old express lanes. I hated those. Guests could never get a clue that they need to keep pushing their items down to me. Either had to stop and wait for them, or stop scanning and walk over to the end of the counter and push their items forward for them. Then the guest would get a clue and keep advancing forward their coveted Target purchases.

I've seen stores with a mix of both but never one with all pedestal.
That just doesn't seem like it would work very well for people with with big carts full of stuff.

Oh well, another chance for Spot to learn the hard way.

I've seen stores with a mix of both but never one with all pedestal.
That just doesn't seem like it would work very well for people with with big carts full of stuff.

Oh well, another chance for Spot to learn the hard way.

I have they are so you can cram double the check lanes in the same space since they are staggered. You have a front row and back row you can double the amount of people waiting in lines but they move slower.. The stores in LA stores I went to had them, no where to put stuff and no where to put bagged stuff.

I have they are so you can cram double the check lanes in the same space since they are staggered. You have a front row and back row you can double the amount of people waiting in lines but they move slower.. The stores in LA stores I went to had them, no where to put stuff and no where to put bagged stuff.

That sounds awful.
It's not like they will hire enough cashiers to cover the extra registers for fucks sake.

We have 4 rows of checklanes atm with belts and then guest service. If this happens our sales will tank we already get constant complaints about being like walmart with our lack of cashiers. This sucks big time

We already have double rows of registers. But seriously, why have double rows of registers if you don't have sufficient staffing to utilize them.

How do your cashiers handle those $200+ cartful grocery orders? I thought the first "F" in FFF, was for Fast:eek:
None of the stores have conveyor belts by me. You just keep sliding the merchandise to the scanner, then bag it. Sometimes you need an extra empty cart for the bags.

None of the stores have conveyor belts by me. You just keep sliding the merchandise to the scanner, then bag it. Sometimes you need an extra empty cart for the bags.

Are the counters so short that you can actually reach all of the merchandise? I'm not all that tall so my reach is pretty limited. Having to rely on the guest to keep advancing their merchandise doesn't seem all the efficient or guest-centric.

I'm pretty short, and I can reach, but guests usually help too. The bigger problem is guests can't unload everything on to the counter at once, so often want to hand it to you piece by piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back