Service & Engagement New Self Checkout

I’m sorry if this has already been asked. I tried to search for the answer. With the new SCO, is there a way to enter the dcpi? I was covering someone’s break and it was really busy so I just did “no barcode” on a clearance item that didn’t have a tag and entered the price. If the guest tries to return the item with their receipt or card, the item isn’t going to be found. Did I miss something?

Tap as if you are adding produce. Tap in the top search bar to bring up the keyboard to key in the dpci. Hit enter. If it’s still in the system (and not gone salvage) the price will come up. If it is salvage you will get an error message stating you can’t have an item with “0” cost. Change the price to the price on the clearance tag with the reason of “guest price challenge”.

why would you do it under guest price challenge, that shit has to be verified through price audit. what the hell

For the new self checkout is it true that you can’t use your redcard from the target app and use a physical gift card? Normally on store mode we could press total, scan wallet, it asks if there’s multiple payments, you say yes and scan gift card. But now store mode is basically guest mode so how could a guest use wallet payment and gift card payment without adding the gift card to wallet.

havent tried it, couldn’t say, but uh why not add the gift card to the wallet, it takes like 30 seconds and is way more convenient

actually thinking about it further, just scan the gift card as payment and then go and scan the wallet app. boom done.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone! This is off the original topic but the other day I had to do the price audit. I was a bit confused. I know the point is to see why the price had been changed at checkout. If a guest is checking out and they say the price of an item should be $X, the TM will see if someone can check for an expired sign or something. If the sign is expired it gets taken down right then so when I do the price audit a few hours later, I have no idea the price was changed because of a sign. I see the price it should have been and my TL told me to mark it as “nothing”. Two of the items I was looking for were blenders that were marked down to half price but the location gave me no indication why they were marked down so much so I put “nothing” as the reason.
It seems to me that doing the price audit doesn’t always give useful information because by the time the person doing the audit goes and looks there’s no evidence or the TM who changed the prices has left.

Can someone explain what the point is because I’m missing something? Thank you!

audits should be done significantly sooner than "a few hours later", is part of the problem. we do them every hour on the 30

actually thinking about it further, just scan the gift card as payment and then go and scan the wallet app. boom done.
Does this work? I haven’t tried it with the update but before the update it wouldn’t let you do this. A message would pop up saying the wallet has to be scanned first. The problem is that when we scan it first it automatically pays the full total. We could bypass that by putting it in store mode but with the update store mode doesn’t give you that ability.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this work? I haven’t tried it with the update but before the update it wouldn’t let you do this. A message would pop up saying the wallet has to be scanned first. The problem is that when we scan it first it automatically pays the full total. We could bypass that by putting it in store mode but with the update store mode doesn’t give you that ability.
Yeah that’s been a struggle. Really encourage guests to add it to wallet app or suspend and take to a regular register

Thank you everyone! This is off the original topic but the other day I had to do the price audit. I was a bit confused. I know the point is to see why the price had been changed at checkout. If a guest is checking out and they say the price of an item should be $X, the TM will see if someone can check for an expired sign or something. If the sign is expired it gets taken down right then so when I do the price audit a few hours later, I have no idea the price was changed because of a sign. I see the price it should have been and my TL told me to mark it as “nothing”. Two of the items I was looking for were blenders that were marked down to half price but the location gave me no indication why they were marked down so much so I put “nothing” as the reason.
It seems to me that doing the price audit doesn’t always give useful information because by the time the person doing the audit goes and looks there’s no evidence or the TM who changed the prices has left.

Can someone explain what the point is because I’m missing something? Thank you!
I don’t entirely understand the logic of the price audit. Anytime a price gets changed it shows up on that report. Even when you select that it’s a price match and pick the competitor it still shows up on the report. So of course when you go to do the audit you don’t find a thing wrong on the floor. Also with this whole “make it right” mentality most of the time we are changing prices just because the guest said so. So what’s the point in checking the price audit?

I don’t entirely understand the logic of the price audit. Anytime a price gets changed it shows up on that report. Even when you select that it’s a price match and pick the competitor it still shows up on the report. So of course when you go to do the audit you don’t find a thing wrong on the floor. Also with this whole “make it right” mentality most of the time we are changing prices just because the guest said so. So what’s the point in checking the price audit?
Should only show up for GPC

Exactly! It seemed like a giant waste of time.

why would you do it under guest price challenge, that shit has to be verified through price audit. what the hell

The other choices are even less valid. It's a chance to make sure the price gets fixed or the salvage gets removed from the floor.

With SCO and the new POS, there seems to be a problem. It seems that when someone scans something that is not on file, they can hit ok and just keep going and that NOF item sits in their bag unpaid for.

With SCO and the new POS, there seems to be a problem. It seems that when someone scans something that is not on file, they can hit ok and just keep going and that NOF item sits in their bag unpaid for.
Again, Target is either having really bad luck or want to lose money by cutting corners. You'd think this bug would be thought of beforehand.

Again, Target is either having really bad luck or want to lose money by cutting corners. You'd think this bug would be thought of beforehand.
They are already loosing money by selling expensive electronics for extremely cheap because they don't know how to reset prices from being clearance. This is why all these rain check scams come from.

Back