Archived Pension run around

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I quit Target back in September of this year. I am fully vested in the company with 401k and pension with average hours of 40 and been with the company for 12 years. I got my 401k and when I set everything up to get my pension on November 1st they told me that I cancelled it and now I will have to wait til December. I never cancelled anything and just had to make a change on there to get my ex wife off as a beneficiary. I set everything up for December 1st, which means that I should have got it on the 7th of this month. Well like a week ago my old Logistics ETL begged me to come back. So even though I had everything set up and finalized before December payandbenefits is trying to tell me that is got cancelled again because I am w active TM again. I asked them last week about everything and they said all looks good and I should still get my deposit, but when I looked the other day it is says on the site it was paid out but I didn't get my money. So my question is, am I screwed now or what? Thanks in advance for any help.

A question, did you do a total payout on pension & 401k? Did you retire?
Hopefully, you did this:
From targetpayandbenefits.com info page.
Retiree Discount and Retirement Gift

You may be eligible for the Target retiree discount privilege, as well as a retirement gift, if you meet all of the following criteria:❏❏ Are at least 55 years old when you leave the company.
  1. Have 10 years of credited and continuous service, starting after your latest hire date. A year of credited service is a calendar year in which you were paid for 1,000 or more hours. (If you were age 45 or older and an active team member on December 31, 2002, five years of credited and continuous service will qualify under the grandfathered rule. Note: If you left the company and were rehired January 1, 2003 or after, you need to meet the 10-year eligibility rules.)

If you are eligible for a retirement gift, you will receive information in the mail approximately two months after your retirement date.

Last edited:
I did do total payout on 401k and pension. I did the retirement process too. The representative helped me through the process and told me everything was alright. I already received the 401k but now they are giving me the run around about my pension. I didn't get the gift or the lifetime discount because I'm not 55, but they said that wouldn't matter for getting the money because I had over 10 years of continuous service with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back