Archived Bottom Rung Paygrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what the exact terminology is but sometime in the last year or two market spun into it's own team at our store. Flow no longer pushed their freight and they handled all their backstocked, fills, etc. I was approached by HR at that time and asked if I wanted to join. She said I'd be losing my shift differential but itd be an increase in pay as it's a higher pay grade w more responsibility. I turned it down as I liked the overnight, early hours and didnt feel the increase in responsibilities was worth it.

Now that flow is going away won't my responsibilities be the same as they would have been in market just at a lower Paygrade?

I'm naive when it comes to the rest of the store. For the past three years it's been offload the truck, push as fast as you can for the rest of your shift and tell us where you put your backstock before you punch out. I don't want these additional responsibilities yet it seems they are being forced upon me w no additional compensation and a severe cut back of hours.

Your pay will increase on schedule with the rest of the store up to a base of $15/hr by the end of 2020. For now you've missed the boat on higher pay. Hopefully with the new process you will be responsible for a smaller section. For example Grc2 or Snck instead of "dry grocery".

Inbound just unloads, stocks, supposed to zone and backstock then go home. Market has to temp their pallets, move it into the coolers, break it down,stock it, FIFO, zone, research, and backstock. In addition to help guests and back up cashier. I think Market should be paid more than general merchandise

What will a consumables team member (that right now is a higher pay then flow, yes?) do that someone who is assigned to petfood and paper as an example is not responsible for to justify the pay grade difference?

The way it was explained to me was that consumables are responsible for owing their area (pushing their truck freight, backstocking, pulls, audits, exfs, etc). Since they had more responsibility then flow they got higher pay. This is all going away now though, right? Someone who is flow now will soon be owning all of paper, just like they are in market?

What will justify market being a higher pay grade then any other area of the store?

Not sure what the exact terminology is but sometime in the last year or two market spun into it's own team at our store. Flow no longer pushed their freight and they handled all their backstocked, fills, etc. I was approached by HR at that time and asked if I wanted to join. She said I'd be losing my shift differential but itd be an increase in pay as it's a higher pay grade w more responsibility. I turned it down as I liked the overnight, early hours and didnt feel the increase in responsibilities was worth it.

Now that flow is going away won't my responsibilities be the same as they would have been in market just at a lower Paygrade?

I'm naive when it comes to the rest of the store. For the past three years it's been offload the truck, push as fast as you can for the rest of your shift and tell us where you put your backstock before you punch out. I don't want these additional responsibilities yet it seems they are being forced upon me w no additional compensation and a severe cut back of hours.
Welcome to Modernization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back