Pay

I know target starts hourly pay at $15 but if I came somewhere that payed $16 is it likely they will match the previous pay or will they leave it at $15?

I know target starts hourly pay at $15 but if I came somewhere that payed $16 is it likely they will match the previous pay or will they leave it at $15?
are you coming from a different target with the 16$? If so your pay will stay at 16 . However if you are asking about your store being 15 but a different target being 16 that depends of the area .
For example my target starts at 18 $ but other targets have less , some fact to take in consideration is how hard is to staff that store .
My former Target it’s in a high end area and hard to staff so we always offered more than the targets in the district .

Are you coming from a different retailer? If yes then Target will start you at 15 unless it’s a Target that starts at a higher rate.

If you a leaving another retail to go to Target I would take your current wage and add AT LEAST 5%.

I am ignoring whether a Target job would be shorter commute or anything like that.

I would never go to another job unless they are paying me more.

If you a leaving another retail to go to Target I would take your current wage and add AT LEAST 5%.

I am ignoring whether a Target job would be shorter commute or anything like that.

I would never go to another job unless they are paying me more.
What about shift differential? Does target offer that?

If you work overnight or before 5:30am. Also, it depends on the store location.

I believe if it is before 5:30 it is only the HOURS BEFORE that time not the whole shift.

Also overnight might only still be a $1 as opposed to a flat percentage.

Minimum of 3 hours on the clock before open or after close. So if store is 8a - 10p, you'd need to clock in by 5a, or clock out after 1a to get it. 5:01... nope. 12:59... nope. Correct on it only being that portion of the shift though. Differentials vary by store, but is still a flat $ not %. Can be viewed on workday.

Minimum of 3 hours on the clock before open or after close. So if store is 8a - 10p, you'd need to clock in by 5a, or clock out after 1a to get it. 5:01... nope. 12:59... nope. Correct on it only being that portion of the shift though. Differentials vary by store, but is still a flat $ not %. Can be viewed on workday.
Minimum of 3 hours on the clock before open or after close.

That's some real BS.

No they will not match your pay at your last job. Starting pay is starting pay for a new hire.

Whatever you’re hearing about how great Target is, is old news from the 90s and 2000s. It is not that way.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything about raises? Target just announced what a great profit they made in the last quarter. Just wondering if they are going to be giving the same crappy amounts.

Back