FY 2023 Annual Pay and Performance - Team Leaders (PG45)

What was your % raise?

• 0.00 - .99%

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 1.00 - 1.99%

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • 2.00 - 2.99%

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • 3.00 - 3.99%

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • 4.00 - 4.99%

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • 5.00 - 5.99%

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 6.00% +

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
I know there's a similar thread here by another user, but wanted to post as a poll (votes are not public) so you can answer anonymously if desired, and also so I can get some data. Been talking to some other leads at my store but curious about input from across the chain, to see what the distribution is, and find out what the max % was this year. Please share with other leads to vote. I can start another thread for PG35 TMs if that's something we wanna look at too.

After the year I had and the high praise in the text of my manager's evaluation, I'm honestly incredibly disappointed with how I was placed.

Edit: here too.

Last edited:
Got my review today. I got 3%. I think last year it was 4.5. Apparently, I didn't max in every bucket, despite a very positively worded review. Our store was a pilot store for 2023 Stores Growth Pilot, and I personally think I killed it as the Merchandise Operations TL (now called GM TL with cross area ownership. I substantially improved every metric for which I was responsible. I adapted extremely well to a new role. I onboarded a strong team. AND, I went above and beyond as a peer trainer for the store helping other TLs utilize various information systems (i.e. Greenfield) to run their areas better.

I felt some disappointment with this review. The only thing that assures me is the fact that our store did not do well financially, and we had some significant issues related to our Store Director's performance and so on. In light of that, perhaps I did okay. The only way to know would be to see how others at my store made out...

The only thing that assures me is the fact that our store did not do well financially, and we had some significant issues related to our Store Director's performance and so on. In light of that, perhaps I did okay.
That has nothing to do with you tho . Your review should be base on your performance alone and not how the SD do or your peers . Self review means that your contribution to your area and how those areas performed among other areas .
Don’t see yourself short because the store or Sd performed less and that is okay for your raise because it’s not how reviews work .

That has nothing to do with you tho . Your review should be base on your performance alone and not how the SD do or your peers . Self review means that your contribution to your area and how those areas performed among other areas .
Don’t see yourself short because the store or Sd performed less and that is okay for your raise because it’s not how reviews work .

You are 100% correct. I am only resigned to this fact because of how I have experienced Target in my nearly 21 years.

The years that we were Golden Contribution, or whatever they call it these days, our raises were better. The years we didn't, they were worse. My main hope is that I did better than my peers, because honestly, I think I do better than them. It's not always that I bust my ass harder than them. But more so that I go above and beyond and take on responsibilities outside my work area, while still delivering green results.

I also lost my ETL mid year to a, likely, forced leave-of-absence. So the ETL that gave my review only knew me for about two months.

You are 100% correct. I am only resigned to this fact because of how I have experienced Target in my nearly 21 years.

The years that we were Golden Contribution, or whatever they call it these days, our raises were better. The years we didn't, they were worse. My main hope is that I did better than my peers, because honestly, I think I do better than them. It's not always that I bust my ass harder than them. But more so that I go above and beyond and take on responsibilities outside my work area, while still delivering green results.

I also lost my ETL mid year to a, likely, forced leave-of-absence. So the ETL that gave my review only knew me for about two months.
I hear you . I left Target after many years . However I’ve always fought for my team leads and team members .
Just few weeks ago when was time for the tl to do their self review my former leaders reach out to me and I wrote their self reviews . Much like you they got a new Etl after I left and k didn’t want what they have done for 10 months to be washed away because they have a new Etl who knows nothing about their achievements. I’ve asked how their reviews went and apparently they didn’t even received them yet however they are delivering their reviews to the team members and I was like wtf .
I’m very curious to see their reviews because their mid year calibration in my status with SD and Etl hr they were both in top . Much like you one of my leaders been there for 20 years however his reviews have always been in the 6% .

"So the ETL that gave my review only knew me for about two months."

Was that ETL a new hire or someone already in the store?

I about threw up at the 3% I got, legitimately made me nauseous. Doesn't help that I got 6% last year and I know I work smarter now. I'll give it some time but my initial reaction is that I will absolutely not work as hard this year. Most of my peers seemed to think their 3% was okay. At least at my store the 3% this year is being assigned like the 4.5% bracket was last year. So pay cuts, basically.

Lmaooooooooooo got my review today. 1%. Literally have never gotten less than 4% in the 5 reviews I had prior to this. I am beyond frustrated. Literally not once have any of the 3 ETLs I worked for in the past 12 months had a sit down conversation to discuss anything I could be doing better. I am shocked and looking for new jobs

Anyone trying to push back on their raise?
Honestly yeah, even after getting 6%. I've been getting recognition from Operations Directors, FBCs, Starbucks DMs, HR Directors, and Store Directors from other states and yet I lost about $4k last year because my expenses have gone up so much. Inflation was around 3 and a half percent last year, give or take, and my living situation changed drastically.

After I get my emotions under control I will be pushing back. I got the top performer award last year and was part of the ETL development group. And like I said in my other comment, I haven’t heard a peep from anyone about how I could be doing better. So HR ETL and potentially HRBP will likely be hearing from me.

After I get my emotions under control I will be pushing back. I got the top performer award last year and was part of the ETL development group. And like I said in my other comment, I haven’t heard a peep from anyone about how I could be doing better. So HR ETL and potentially HRBP will likely be hearing from me.
I would suggest emailing first to HRPB about it and explain in detail about your previous reviews and where you are today .
Don’t go to Etl hr because they will give you some bs. But if you email hrpb it will come down on Etl hr as well as your Etl .

I know there's a similar thread here by another user, but wanted to post as a poll (votes are not public) so you can answer anonymously if desired, and also so I can get some data. Been talking to some other leads at my store but curious about input from across the chain, to see what the distribution is, and find out what the max % was this year. Please share with other leads to vote. I can start another thread for PG35 TMs if that's something we wanna look at too.

After the year I had and the high praise in the text of my manager's evaluation, I'm honestly incredibly disappointed with how I was placed.

Edit: here too.
The max percent for tm is 4.5. You don’t need a poll for that. Used to be 5. Then they lowered it to 4. This year it went up a half percent t.

I would suggest emailing first to HRPB about it and explain in detail about your previous reviews and where you are today .
Don’t go to Etl hr because they will give you some bs. But if you email hrpb it will come down on Etl hr as well as your Etl .
The HRBP is involved in the calibration process of PG45 so they won’t come down on the HR ETL or ETL when they are aware of where the TLs are plotted and the reasoning. The most the HRBP can do is partner with the DSD who then gets with HRD for approval.

The HRBP is involved in the calibration process of PG45 so they won’t come down on the HR ETL or ETL when they are aware of where the TLs are plotted and the reasoning. The most the HRBP can do is partner with the DSD who then gets with HRD for approval.
I have never sat down with hrpb in my calibrations therefore is safe to say our hrpb wasn’t part of it until we submitted out scores .It was just Sd and Etl hr and myself .

I have never sat down with hrpb in my calibrations therefore is safe to say our hrpb wasn’t part of it until we submitted out scores .It was just Sd and Etl hr and myself .
You don’t sit down with HRBP because the SD and ETL HR have a call with the DSD and HRBP to present the calibrations. They then either challenge or approve of the scores.

Last edited:
Back