FY 2023 Annual Pay and Performance - Team Members (PG35/38)

What was your % raise?

• 0.00 - 0.99%

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • 1.00 - 1.99%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2.00 - 2.99%

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • 3.00 - 3.99%

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • 4.00 - 4.99%

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • 5.00% +

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • On Demand (2%)

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
This thread is for PG35/38 TMs to share and discuss reviews and raises for the 2023 fiscal year. (If you are PG45 your thread is here). I haven't had the chance to go through my TMs yet, but from what I can tell, the tiers this year are 0.5/2.5/4.5. I can update and confirm as I go through the APP process with my team.

Revenue was down but profits were up this year. Doesn't mean anything is gonna trickle down to the rest of us. But we're louder and more powerful when we're together and informed.

Votes are private and results are available without voting.

Edit: I've seen the lowest percent as both 0.6% and 0.7% for full year TMs, so I'm not sure what's up with that.

Last edited:
Do we know when a TM maxes out their hourly rate? I’ve been with Target for 4.5 years and I’m currently at 16.87/hr. I have always received the highest rating and I feel like I deserve the highest rating again this year. If I get the 4.5% raise this year, it puts me at $17.63/hr. How many more years can they realistically keep giving me the highest rating?

Do we know when a TM maxes out their hourly rate? I’ve been with Target for 4.5 years and I’m currently at 16.87/hr. I have always received the highest rating and I feel like I deserve the highest rating again this year. If I get the 4.5% raise this year, it puts me at $17.63/hr. How many more years can they realistically keep giving me the highest rating?
You can forever get the highest rating but, not forever get the money that goes along with it. I’m not sure what the cap is. 13 years and I’ve never come close.

^^ wouldn't the cap have to increase based on the local minimum wage? Like if I worked in a state that pays $15/hour, the cap would need to be different than a state/city that pays $19/hour.
Yeah, the cap is determined by whatever the base is. There are definitely TMs who are making as much as or more than the PG45 base for their areas, so the cap seems to be pretty high.

The cap for PG45 in my area is almost double what the base is, for context.

Last edited:
The cap is probably high enough that you’ll never reach it. Plus when they increase the base pay for your pay grade, you effectively lose your merit raises. For example, if they raised the base pay in your store to $17.50, you’d still be at $17.63. And if they increased it to $18, you’d be at $18.

I’ve been with Target for 14 years and I’m not that much above the minimum. Before this current merit, I was at $23.45 and the minimum pay for TLs here is $22. I’ve gotten the top review score 6 years in a row including this year. And it was always the second highest for all the years before that (back when there were 5 scores).

Last year my title changed(still hourly) ,and pay increased 70cents. New review dropped last Sunday not seen yet.

Plus when they increase the base pay for your pay grade, you effectively lose your merit raises. For example, if they raised the base pay in your store to $17.50, you’d still be at $17.63. And if they increased it to $18, you’d be at $18.
Unsure if this always applies, but when the minimums went up in stores around my district this past year, anyone who was already over the new minimum and had been with the company for 2 years received a 2% increase in their pay.

Unsure if this always applies, but when the minimums went up in stores around my district this past year, anyone who was already over the new minimum and had been with the company for 2 years received a 2% increase in their pay.
Yeah that did happen with TLs when TL pay went up in my district last year. Our TM pay is stuck at 15 so I can’t speak to that.

The cap is probably high enough that you’ll never reach it. Plus when they increase the base pay for your pay grade, you effectively lose your merit raises. For example, if they raised the base pay in your store to $17.50, you’d still be at $17.63. And if they increased it to $18, you’d be at $18.

I’ve been with Target for 14 years and I’m not that much above the minimum. Before this current merit, I was at $23.45 and the minimum pay for TLs here is $22. I’ve gotten the top review score 6 years in a row including this year. And it was always the second highest for all the years before that (back when there were 5 scores).
I hit the cap 5 years in a row til they raised minimum pay (way before $15 an hour). But I always got the highest review score so still got a quarter each year.

Great you got 4.5%.

Hopefully you meant your department not your entire store.

If not that's so sad.
I'm at a small format so we don't really have "departments" except for certain people always being in OM, GM, and Style. Everything else is kinda just "do what's needed today," so yes unfortunately the "entire store" comment is accurate :( some of my coworkers definitely deserved the 4.5% as well

Back