FY 2023 Annual Pay and Performance - Team Leaders (PG45)

What was your % raise?

• 0.00 - .99%

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 1.00 - 1.99%

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • 2.00 - 2.99%

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • 3.00 - 3.99%

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • 4.00 - 4.99%

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • 5.00 - 5.99%

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 6.00% +

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
1/3rd of those who voted got 4.5% (or a prorated amount close to that). I’m curious how many of those who got good raises were also part of the Prepare for Next program.

1/3rd of those who voted got 4.5% (or a prorated amount close to that). I’m curious how many of those who got good raises were also part of the Prepare for Next program.
Sample size for poll (and the TM one) was low so maybe extend them next year. I didn't get my review until 4/11.

I didn't realize a TL raise was prorated.

If you have been a TL less than six months is it prorated at all?

What is the "Prepare for Next"?

Last edited:
Sample size for poll was only 30 which dissappointly low.

I imagine external TLs have their raises prorated depending on how long they've been with the company.
The same applies to internally promoted TLs, but it depends on how long they've been in role for. I know TLs who've had their raises prorated and TLs who've received the percentage they would have gotten as a TM instead.

Prepare for Next is a leadership training program designed to prepare TLs in becoming ETLs. The networking from it is great, as you meet people from around the district, but that's generally it. Someone who has been in it could offer some more insight (there are quite a few on here who have).

Sample size for poll (and the TM one) was low so maybe extend them next year. I didn't get my review until 4/11.

Will reopen the poll.

Prepare for next is a development program for upcoming leaders. Only had one meeting so far this year and it's nothing to write home about yet.
I imagine external TLs have their raises prorated depending on how long they've been with the company.
The same applies to internally promoted TLs, but it depends on how long they've been in role for. I know TLs who've had their raises prorated and TLs who've received the percentage they would have gotten as a TM instead.

Prepare for Next is a leadership training program designed to prepare TLs in becoming ETLs. The networking from it is great, as you meet people from around the district, but that's generally it. Someone who has been in it could offer some more insight (there are quite a few on here who have).
I was internally promoted. Raise was not prorated. I am part of prepare for next, and still only got 3%

I recently promoted to a different store and they gave me 6%. I was genuinely so confused. I was a very good TM at my last store and always had DEO over the years, but I didn’t even expect a raise at my new store since I literally have only been in the position for almost 2 months at this store.

The feedback they gave me was “well, you must’ve done a good job last year to have gotten promoted.” But it feels very undeserving for me. I busted my ass as a TM at my last store in 2023, but have barely even stared as a TL at this one. So weird.

I recently promoted to a different store and they gave me 6%. I was genuinely so confused. I was a very good TM at my last store and always had DEO over the years, but I didn’t even expect a raise at my new store since I literally have only been in the position for almost 2 months at this store.

The feedback they gave me was “well, you must’ve done a good job last year to have gotten promoted.” But it feels very undeserving for me. I busted my ass as a TM at my last store in 2023, but have barely even stared as a TL at this one. So weird.

Your review is based on 2023, not this year. So your 6% is a reflection of all the hard work you did while still a TM.

Your review is based on 2023, not this year. So your 6% is a reflection of all the hard work you did while still a TM.
Yeah true, but it still just felt weird receiving it from an ETL and a store that has only known me for a month and a half. My ETL also gave me the paper in the middle of TSC for anyone to hear and knowing that others were unhappy with their raises, I felt so uncomfortable.

My ETL also gave me the paper in the middle of TSC for anyone to hear and knowing that others were unhappy with their raises, I felt so uncomfortable.

WTF?

Maybe your ETL didn't know that stupid "off-stage" term Target uses.

I actually go a review once by a TL that I didn't know was my TL!

I’ve always been told that these things are decided in a closed room way ahead of self reviews. Self reviews don’t really matter and your bosses and bosses peers already had to decide what to give you ahead of time, which is dependent on how they and their peers perceive you. There is no science to it. Rather subjective.

I’ve always been told that these things are decided in a closed room way ahead of self reviews. Self reviews don’t really matter and your bosses and bosses peers already had to decide what to give you ahead of time, which is dependent on how they and their peers perceive you. There is no science to it. Rather subjective.
Yeah that seems to be how it works, and I know that the last two years the ratings were decided before we wrote our thingies. I didn't even write a self review last year, nobody brought it up. I just phone mine in pasting some metrics and writing a few sentences. I think it makes no difference, because it's a task we try to squeeze in, rather than some kind of actual useful reflection.

IMHO all reviews should be a function of your start date not because they are due by a certain date.

A company should also give a partial review six months after you start a NEW position regardless of your hire date.

Back