FY 2023 Annual Pay and Performance - Team Members (PG35/38)

What was your % raise?

• 0.00 - 0.99%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 1.00 - 1.99%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2.00 - 2.99%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 3.00 - 3.99%

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • 4.00 - 4.99%

Votes: 23 46.9%
  • 5.00% +

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • On Demand (2%)

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
This thread is for PG35/38 TMs to share and discuss reviews and raises for the 2023 fiscal year. (If you are PG45 your thread is here). I haven't had the chance to go through my TMs yet, but from what I can tell, the tiers this year are 0.5/2.5/4.5. I can update and confirm as I go through the APP process with my team.

Revenue was down but profits were up this year. Doesn't mean anything is gonna trickle down to the rest of us. But we're louder and more powerful when we're together and informed.

Votes are private and results are available without voting.

Edit: I've seen the lowest percent as both 0.6% and 0.7% for full year TMs, so I'm not sure what's up with that.
What's a PG38 TM?

Are you capped out now or are you getting raises? I think many want to know the current cap.
Not capped. If I remember right, they raised the cap along with minimum wage and it was enough that I got raises. Still getting raises.... they do not adjust pay for anyone making above minimum when they raise the minimum. I do not know the current caps or even if they exist anymore.

Not capped. If I remember right, they raised the cap along with minimum wage and it was enough that I got raises. Still getting raises.... they do not adjust pay for anyone making above minimum when they raise the minimum. I do not know the current caps or even if they exist anymore.
They never used to adjust pay for anyone making above the minimum, yeah, but they seem to have changed course over the past year or two. Every store in my area that has seen a minimum increase also gave out 2% increases to those who were above the new minimum, provided they had been at Target for a continuous 2 year period.

Are you capped out now or are you getting raises? I think many want to know the current cap.
I've been with Target 20 years. I had maxed before the starting wage was raised. I haven't maxed yet but I need to check with HR to see if I'm still good. Even when I maxed I was still getting raises although it wasn't as much as I'm getting now.

They never used to adjust pay for anyone making above the minimum, yeah, but they seem to have changed course over the past year or two. Every store in my area that has seen a minimum increase also gave out 2% increases to those who were above the new minimum, provided they had been at Target for a continuous 2 year period.
Yeah... I think you're right, but those who have been with the company 20+ years were excluded. I know I didn't get it.

Yeah... I think you're right, but those who have been with the company 20+ years were excluded. I know I didn't get it.
It very much didn't help veteran TMs because they've gone without for so many years that a mere 2% bump doesn't bring them to where they should be, yeah. There are definitely still many 10, 15, 20+ year TMs who are barely making more than new hires.

I've gotten a 2% raise the past 3 times (I think) they've raised the minimum at my store. About time. Enough people, including me, must have complained loudly enough.

It very much didn't help veteran TMs because they've gone without for so many years that a mere 2% bump doesn't bring them to where they should be, yeah. There are definitely still many 10, 15, 20+ year TMs who are barely making more than new hires.
13 years and I make slightly over $16

A raise of 0.6% which is what I expected because our store is only giving our best workers 2.5%

I expected this but they can't afford to terminate me because they can't replace me.

In that same conversation he mentioned I didn't hit the pull goal in my department the previous day.

Five minutes later he mention one of the tasks that took me an extra 30 minutes to do was supposed to be done by another TM.

That's is why I didn't hit the goal you idiot.

Last edited:
It would be interesting to have a poll for how much people are making, especially veterans who’ve been with the company for a while, but base pay differs too much between locations for it to be useful.

Though that makes me wonder how many locations have moved past the $15 minimum.

4.5%, a .72 cent raise, so I'm now making 16.64 after 4.5 years.

I started when the base pay was 13, so I'm not too mad about that honestly.

Target as a company will not ever, ever allow this to happen, but this is the kind of thing where collective bargaining would bring better compensation. Public sector employees including teachers have benefited enormously from collective bargaining, as have those in private sector industries like aerospace, automotive and aviation. Of course, there's always the risk of lengthy strikes which comes with that territory. Target is a good company to work for, but their pay system isn't designed to retain experienced, knowledgeable and skilled employees.

Back