Archived People leaving left and right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering, maybe it's nothing, but we've had our STL, ETL-HR, BR-TL, SFT, ETL-LOG, CTL, and a SrTL all leave within the last six months (and not counting TMs who've left). Some got jobs at other places, some transferred to other stores. From what I know most of these people had been working at our store for 1-5 years. Is it normal for this many people to leave?? I love working at our store, and can't think of reasons why they'd leave, but maybe I don't see/notice issues going on with the higher-ups.

Spring cleaning!

I lost two ETLs and a Sr. TL due to promotion/transfers and they haven't been replaced yet.

does anybody know how much it costs per new employee from interviewing to orientation to even the first week of training?

our store has really bad turnover, and it's all too common for someone to get hired and quit within their first week. I've heard ridiculous figures for the cost of hiring a new employee at target (2000-7000 dollars) but I was wondering if anyone had a realistic answer?

I realize there's costs associated with interviewing, background checks and ua's, taxes and insurance, clerical costs, and payroll for their first say 25 hours or so of training...but seriously how could it cost more than 300 to 500 dollars per new hire? I don't know much about this at all, though.

I was told it ran around $1700 in our area (covering background checks, drug tests, payroll for interview/orientation/training).
What a waste.

but a huge chunk of that has to be training right? I mean I don't get that, when you get a decent person on flow, they are usually doing good by their third truck day.

it's messed up though we're shorthanded at our store and have people applying at the kiosks everyday, but they won't hire anybody. It's like they are waiting for the perfect candidate so they don't waste that 1700 or whatever on somebody that won't work out and quit...but it's causing good employees at our store to up and quit because they are sick of having a triple sized workload.

Give up? They'll have to drag me out by my tattered khakis and dansko clogs. I love my job and 99% of my team. I'd just love it more if there were a few changes. Let's just say that if a few went missing, I would gladly send a donation to their favorite charity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Give up? They'll have to drag me out by my tattered khakis and dansko clogs. I love my job and 99% of my team. I'd just love it more if there were a few changes. Let's just say that if a few went missing, I would gladly send a donation to their favorite charity.

With my new stl, 2 long time tls' were demoted. Others were fired.

That's sad. I've seen some unkind firings, even in the brief time I've been associated with Spot. Why is it that the tried and true lose out to the young and stupid? I guess the "you lose your soul" pertains to higher ups as well as Guest Service tms.

That's sad. I've seen some unkind firings, even in the brief time I've been associated with Spot. Why is it that the tried and true lose out to the young and stupid? I guess the "you lose your soul" pertains to higher ups as well as Guest Service tms.

It happens to everyone with 2 years or more knowledge of spot.

Hmmmmmmmm. I have a little room in my walk-in....
I'll get my degreaser.
HLM, grab your bat!

As I've said before, there's still my etl-ge I'll try to send your way:spiteful:. And now there's a certain gstl I'd like to add to the mix.

Usually means your DTL is wanting to put these Execs at stores that have areas that need improving, or the Execs were not cutting to par, or wanting to replace the life-long Execs with younger fresh Execs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back