Are other Targets cost-cutting right now?

I would be the only team member on Sunday for Home, Domestics, Stationary and Tech (which is large portion of the store) for 2 hours and after I left it maybe would be covered by a GM team member

C
Our hours have been slashed to the bone.
Nearly every one of our baristas or FATMs has taken a shift (or two) in the checklanes, fulfillment or on the salefloor :(
Cutting hours at Starbucks is a good way to lose them to a stand alone store.

Also don't stores with Ulta have to be staffed when open?

Our OPU team is always calling to get things unlocked.

What is confusing is this thing of them wanting people to use the regular registers, and hounding cashiers to keep lines moving.

Uhhh how about you staff us right and stop stealing people for OPU and DU? Then maybe we'll be able to do that.

The hounding about asking for circle cards has resumed.

If they gave us commission for that maybe I would. But I got 8 cents in a raise this year. I'm not shilling shit

Everywhere EXCEPT Fulfillment/DU/OPU. Those are the places where hours are sent to die. The store doesn't seem to much care for other places. We can just do backup calls right? Hey why isn't the floor work done???
At our store tm's are given fulfillment hours and then sent to other areas to work. Most days there is one FFtm after 3pm. GM gets most of the hours, recognition and love.

We didn't have a closing expert Saturday just another body in Fullfillment.

We had a lot of call offs in the Front last week and this week there are lot of shifts posted already.

What is confusing is this thing of them wanting people to use the regular registers, and hounding cashiers to keep lines moving.

Uhhh how about you staff us right and stop stealing people for OPU and DU? Then maybe we'll be able to do that.

The hounding about asking for circle cards has resumed.

If they gave us commission for that maybe I would. But I got 8 cents in a raise this year. I'm not shilling shit
Even they did do commissions knowing this place they would they would say oh you did something wrong loophole so can't have your commission. Then having people walking door tired of this shit not get their commission. Good for you not shilling that shit.

Even they did do commissions knowing this place they would they would say oh you did something wrong loophole so can't have your commission. Then having people walking door tired of this shit not get their commission. Good for you not shilling that shit.
So true.

The funny thing is when I started at Target the Red Card goal was super high because of the security breach in 2013.

After the breach our goal was like 20 a day but we were barely getting 5.

Our store kind of gave up on that after a few months.

Back