Archived People of the front end, lend me your ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Quickart

Cart Magician turned GSTL
As a little background I am a current GSTL with every intention of climbing the ladder with Target after I graduate college in the spring. I currently am working on a project for human resource management that I have to tailor to the company I chose, which surprisingly is Target. My specific topic is related to performance based incentive programs.

The question I have is as a cashier, if we were able to implement some kind of company wide incentive for REDcards, would you prefer something based on conversion goals or something based per REDcard? I currently am thinking about something based on conversion. If you met 1.2 each week you would get an extra $20 a week. If you met the goal of 2.0 you could get an extra $50 a week. This could ultimately mean an extra $100 a check.

While remaining realistic would this be enough or would you prefer something different? I appreciate all your comments and I realize that with a corporation this large it would be difficult to implement, but it's the thought that counts right?

JC Penny does something like this I believe. I would say per redcard, would create the most incentive for people who struggle with REDCards.

once in a great while at my store, they will give out goodie bags for a certain amount of redcards they get. the other day they were giving out the target dogs

I have one Target dog and one gift bag. I don't need more of either. I just like doing a happy dance when I get a Redcard. I don't need the incentive (money) but would certainly not turn it down. Eh, it's my job...not my favorite part, but since it's in my job description, that's good enough for me at this point.

I thought this was my old topic. "Same exact title/subject about redcards".

Holy crap I feel stupid now. Is there anyway to merge the two or even close this one?

Nah, the other thread's somewhat dated (sorry, Carts).
Besides, this is the epitome of the Breakroom: to learn, to teach (& to vent). You should be able to pick up more in this type of setting than your store because the responses would be more the unvarnished truth rather than the company line.

TM's, STL's, ETL's, lend me your ears;
I come to bury Spot, not to praise him.
The evil that corporations do lives after them;
The good is oft only for public relations;
So let it be with Spot.
The noble Talan
Hath told you Spot was ambitious:
If it were so, it was a grievous fault,
And grievously hath Spot answered it.
So are they all, all honorable men -
Spot was my employer,
Gave me a check every two weeks:
He hath brought many captives home to Rome
Whose ransoms did the general coffers fill:
Did this in Spot seem ambitious?

WE'VE HAD CONTESTS THAT REWARD BOTH CASHIERS AND BACK-UP CASHIERING.
We'll have two great items for the winner.....recently we had an ipad phone (or at least it was a phone that connected you to the internet and allowed you to do tons of stuff) it was about a $400 item.

Contest lasted two months.
Winners were based on two types of winners......cashiers.......and back-up cashiers.
Each person got a ticket for each RC.....winners of each section got nice prizes.

All tms who got a RC were entered to win the iphone item.......a part time TM cashier won.

I think that contests are nice, but I would be happier with either financial rewards (in my paycheck) or I'd be OK with $25 or $50 gift cards....even if they were Target cards.

Yes, RCs are part of my job, but I might just push the issue a bit more if I had something more than a candy bar or a bev from starbucks.

The problem with meeting rating its all based on redcards per prompts isn't it? Someone who is on the register often is going to get more prompts thus resulting in a lower ratio, correct?

One of our SFTLs got 3 redcards in a day this week just from backup cashiering.... All I could say is WOW! :eek:

I used to work at Macy's before I started working at Target and I really liked their system of incentives for opening Macy's Cards. For each card you opened you would get "Macy Money" which was basically a coupon, the lowest amount being $3. Every month each associate would have a scorecard which keep track of how many cards you got and for every 5 cards or so you would get extra "Macy Money" or some other prize. I was kind of like Bingo in a way and I thought it was fun and rewarding to get something for each card you opened. Considering the Macy's I worked at is in the same mall as my Target is in and Macy's would get around 100 card applications a day I think it could improve my Targets 7 or so cards a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back