Archived People watching you work, collector edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were pushing toys off unsorted pallets on Friday. A guy walks up and asks about a specific toy. I explained to him that even though the system says we have it, unfortunately, we have no way of finding it in the 10 pallets we had to push. He was nice about it. Not rude or pushy.

Hours later, he is still leaning against the aisle across from us watching us push. Each box we push, he's looking to see if it's the he wants.

It was a little unsettling to have someone stand there and watching us work.

Imagine a person just stands at the checkout watching a cashier work for hours. How well would that go over? Or what if a someone just sat at food ave and watched the tm there. Sitting. Staring.

Probably a collector. At least he was polite and didn't try to paw through your boxes himself.

Some collectors at my store and a neighboring store help push/zone lol.

Given, it's mostly Hot Wheels they're after, but they give them a box, they go through it, and peg-hang the cars after. 🤷‍♂️

Try making drinks at Starbucks as vultures stand off to the side asking you if you're using the right milk, correct number of pumps, right syrup, etc.
One woman asked me "Is that almond milk? I specifically said ALMOND MILK."
I said no, it's not almond milk.
"I SAID AL-"
It's not your drink.

We were pushing toys off unsorted pallets on Friday. A guy walks up and asks about a specific toy. I explained to him that even though the system says we have it, unfortunately, we have no way of finding it in the 10 pallets we had to push. He was nice about it. Not rude or pushy.

Hours later, he is still leaning against the aisle across from us watching us push. Each box we push, he's looking to see if it's the he wants.

It was a little unsettling to have someone stand there and watching us work.

Imagine a person just stands at the checkout watching a cashier work for hours. How well would that go over? Or what if a someone just sat at food ave and watched the tm there. Sitting. Staring.
Was it the hot wheels guy?

No, it was a guy looking for some Avengers item.
There is 80th edition series coming out.

Last edited:
Those guys need to get LAID.

Many of them do, by women who like to collect stuff.

This couple has over 200 dolls.
b73cf937-82b1-4306-a6cc-0e2f4755a96e.jpg

Last edited:
I must confess I have a family member who collects.

However I can see why; 2/3 of his sons are now grown, married and have babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back