Performance out

The TL that is submitting punch corrections is being watched why AP. They will get them.

Jenna, that’s one of the reasons I’m so frustrated. Other TMs come to me to complain about the problem TMs and all I can do is say that I’ll talk to them. It’s not going to change anything though.
I would address it differently. I would, as a TL, make sure the complainer knew it wasn’t their business and that all TMs are treated equally. I would remind them that the performance of other employees, as well as coaching and write ups, are confidential. They wouldn’t like it if you were discussing their performance with others, right?

This accomplishes two things. First, it gives them the idea that you ARE addressing it but can’t talk about it, which makes them complain less. Secondly it assures them that you keep their performance confidential. By listening to their complaints the begin to think that their opinions matter (they don’t) and creates divisiveness and drama. Even your low performers bring something to the table. Some work is better than no work.

I would address it differently. I would, as a TL, make sure the complainer knew it wasn’t their business and that all TMs are treated equally. I would remind them that the performance of other employees, as well as coaching and write ups, are confidential. They wouldn’t like it if you were discussing their performance with others, right?

This accomplishes two things. First, it gives them the idea that you ARE addressing it but can’t talk about it, which makes them complain less. Secondly it assures them that you keep their performance confidential. By listening to their complaints the begin to think that their opinions matter (they don’t) and creates divisiveness and drama. Even your low performers bring something to the table. Some work is better than no work.

You lost me with that one.

I’m sorry but I have to be there for all my TMs. If a team member is giving someone a hard time they need to know that they can tell me. Not that I can do anything about it.
Today is hard because I’m working with one of the TMs that were very disrespectful to me. There are no consequences, so what message does that send to my team?

I’m sorry but I have to be there for all my TMs. If a team member is giving someone a hard time they need to know that they can tell me. Not that I can do anything about it.
Today is hard because I’m working with one of the TMs that were very disrespectful to me. There are no consequences, so what message does that send to my team?
Be a pro & fair. Tell them that what they said was disrespectful quietly.

You lost me with that one.
Ok, say your complainer is a day person complaining that the closer doesn’t zone right. Does complainer want to start closing so it can be done right? Or does complainer want me to move closer to days so they can work together and they can train the person they’re complaining about? Or can they live with a half assed close if it means they don’t have to close?

Yeah, sure, I’m also going to work with half assed closer and the closing TL to correct the issue but I’m also not going to have clique wars in my department because all that does is make call offs happen and someone have a panic attack on the clock and do nothing for a hour.

I deal with that shit, right now.
I'd rather have someone who can do the job correctly.
I’m not saying don’t deal with it but don’t deal with it in public. Your team doesn’t need front row tickets to someone else getting in trouble. That just loses you trust as a leader. Now vendors? Go ahead and let them all know who’s in trouble and whyz

Back