Archived Perishable Assistant (PA) Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asuras

Starbucks Shift Supervisor
I currently work in the meat department. Due to shifting around of the PA of the food department (meat/produce/bakery/deli). The PA position opened up in my department. I was approached by an ETL about the position. I'm aware of what a PA does. Since I already most of it already and order when needed. Just curious on what the average pay increase for the position was? I know that the paygrade is N09. I didn't feel comfortable asking such a question at my store.

Being a recent graduated from college and have been with Target since leaving high school. Having a tough time find a job. So I'm not in the position to be picky. Just wondering how much of a increase it was.

Thanks!

At my former store, it was $1 above base pay

problem with being a PA.. is from what I hear and understand.. you pretty much do what your already doing however you pretty much are fall guy for when something goes wrong over in foods

problem with being a PA.. is from what I hear and understand.. you pretty much do what your already doing however you pretty much are fall guy for when something goes wrong over in foods
Interesting, keep in mind that the PA position is for the meat department. Each department (deli, produce, and bakery) each have their own PA.

my raise was when I was promoted from a Hardlines Team member, to a PA in a PFresh store was $2.00

Interesting, keep in mind that the PA position is for the meat department. Each department (deli, produce, and bakery) each have their own PA.
Any PA on this site feel free to tell me wrong.. I just going off what my stores PA has complained about..maybe its different at other stores but eh

Take the job and use that training to go to a real grocery store that will pay you much better. People in my area have figured that out so the PAs changes often and they all do the same thing. Train get a little experience leave for better money.

Take the job and use that training to go to a real grocery store that will pay you much better. People in my area have figured that out so the PAs changes often and they all do the same thing. Train get a little experience leave for better money.
Exactly what I did. Working at Trader Joe's for more pay and less stress.

PA is typically a dollar more than sales floor. In a high volume store like mine it can be a stressful position. You're never not busy. But its also an awesome role to prep you for TL if that's what you're gunning for. I've promoted 3 (hope to be 4 soon) PAs to a TL level position!

PA doesn't stand for just Perishables Assistant in my store... When you are a PA you are a Plano Assistant as well as a Pricing Assistant sometimes...

I find it hard to think of a more well rounded non-teamlead position in the store. You legit do everything, Instocks/Ordering/Sales Planners/Cleaning/Culling/Branding/Pulling/Backstocking/Guest Servicing, as well as sighing.

Going to have my interview for the position next week. For those that current hold the position. What kind of question will be asked?

Going to have my interview for the position next week. For those that current hold the position. What kind of question will be asked?
Can't tell you the exact questions of course, but they are very similar to the questions that were asked when you were hired. Most are in the form of 'tell me about a time when...' Just have some situations in mind when you go in to the interview about when you went above and beyond and I'm sure you'll do fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back