Archived Pfresh and Truck days

Status
Not open for further replies.
As many of you know pfresh truck days can be quite challenging with the flow team messing up FIFO and leaving pallets, cardboard, carts, flats etc all over pfresh.

My CTL and ETL have tasked me with handling the flow team process and keeping everything in check.

One of major issues is in getting items out of the backroom that were first in.

We've made a concentrated effort to get all push done+back stocked from CAFs and the previous truck before the next one comes in, however were still getting items coming out of the back that are dated 2 weeks out when the stuff on the shelf is 1 month out...

One suggestion to help alleviate this is doing manual CAFs on truck days at 6am when i get in as we have 2 PA's at 6am on truck days. Has anyone tried this? I also dont know much about manual CAFs ive done regular CAFs and POG's EXF's etc, but never a manual CAF.

Can anyone provide some input on this process or some tips on working with the flow team. My current plan is to help mostly with the breakdown of the pallets to try to help speed up the truck push and getting the BR team items to start back stocking earlier. Along the same line though I only have about 1 hr to work with them before I have to continue working on my core roles in pfresh.

Yes I do SDAs and shoot short date audit as well.

The reasoning behind the manual caf is to get the items out of the back room. I've never done one though, I mostly just subt items that arent coming out as we dont want to throw off our instocks scores.

I didnt really question my ctl on the manual caf as i assume its something similar to subt except ur simply doing it from the sales floor then going into replenshiment and pulling all the items. Rather then righting down an item location then going into the back and subt'ing those items.

My assumption is that it is an EXF only it wont mess up your sales accumulator.

Last edited:
Manual caf brings everything out. Exf is better.

I disagree. EXF's mess up the accumulator. Manuals pull to the capacity, ignoring all triggers. If you want to fill the floor, drop a manual CAF. Beware, if you don't do them regularly, the batches can be HUGE.

I've also got a question on this topic. For a while I've been using Stand-Alone Research on purge days in-between regular CAFs. Is this the best way to purge, or should I be using a different application? I don't want to mess up counts or scores.

I used to do that too because I didn't have to name the batch like in an EXF. I looked on DTK and saw some red scores and my name for doing it after 11 so I stopped.

You probably need to work with the Flow TL but watch the attitude (because as we all know) not everywhere is the same. We dropped manuals that were pushed every night. I had someone in charge of cardboard to take it back so there wasn't too much on the floor. A PA was also scheduled under Flow hours to work with the team when the trucks came. As soon as a rack was filled it was sent to the backroom to backstock immediately. Once the truck push was done that PA was mine to help finish the truck since he was still under my hours and I made sure he wasn't doing extra stuff until it was under his workcenter. We only have so much time to get the trucks done and it is fast and furious and as one team.

If old dates are coming out the backroom team should be watching their fifoing and also be checking dates during the week.

Scans after 11 should only be to zero an item never to say you see zero on hand when there are backroom locations.

If you do zero an item with br locations you'll have to go into
Rf apps replenishment and pull that research batch before the end of the hour or you'll get dinged for it

I disagree. EXF's mess up the accumulator. Manuals pull to the capacity, ignoring all triggers. If you want to fill the floor, drop a manual CAF. Beware, if you don't do them regularly, the batches can be HUGE.

that is was i thinking, doing them not on a regular basis. you are correct, when done regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back