Archived Pfresh chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have an answer to the leaking of chicken juice? I clean it twice a week and everyday there’s more. Now it’s leaking in the boxes before I even put it on the shelf.

Google tells me that the leaking may be a sign of poor temperature control in storage. Check your coolers to make sure they're in spec, because it's the only part of the cycle you have any control over. And have a discussion with your TL so they can take it upline.

I moved all of our chicken to the bottom. You can mysupport the issue if it becomes overwhelming.

Defect all loose packages as they tend to leak more. No one buys the leaking package anyway.
Just keep your on hand counts accurate remember to defect by pounds

I moved all of our chicken to the bottom. You can mysupport the issue if it becomes overwhelming.
I did the same thing only to have it moved back. The bottom is the best place. It’s not at an angle.

What you do in this situation is pick up a few petri dishes and some agar, and smear em with that juicy goodness. Put them somewhere nice and warm and wait until you have a nice big colony of E. coli O157:H7 going, then snap a few pics of your experiment and the shelving too. Then finally you @ them with the pics on corp's Twitter and Facebook pages. Seriously, do it.

What you do in this situation is pick up a few petri dishes and some agar, and smear em with that juicy goodness. Put them somewhere nice and warm and wait until you have a nice big colony of E. coli O157:H7 going, then snap a few pics of your experiment and the shelving too. Then finally you @ them with the pics on corp's Twitter and Facebook pages. Seriously, do it.
Salmonella, not E. coli. Poultry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back