Archived Pfresh grand opening

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's totally up to the etl team. I am a ULV store with 2 ctls and 3 pa's.

Just curious - do all tms that drop what they're doing to push the cooler/produce freight wash their hands first or are gloves provided to enable them to get right to it?

Just curious - do all tms that drop what they're doing to push the cooler/produce freight wash their hands first or are gloves provided to enable them to get right to it?

If im not mistaken, all product in PFresh is prepackaged, and shouldn't require hand washing.

I'm legit excited to see if that works. You have no idea.

A few tips.

Don't push too much bakery. You can always pull more if a guests need some, pushing too much will lead to too many outdates.

Check your line-dated food(bakery and some meats) every morning. If your overnight team is anything like ours they will push it without dating or weighing it which really screws things up.

A few tips.

Don't push too much bakery. You can always pull more if a guests need some, pushing too much will lead to too many outdates.

Check your line-dated food(bakery and some meats) every morning. If your overnight team is anything like ours they will push it without dating or weighing it which really screws things up.

Yes, to both of these! The corp. quantities are a dumb idea for most of bakery, unless you like losing money. And FLO = Fail for PFresh. Running around finding all the things they put out without dating is annoying.

so about a week in, my backroom is getting slightly out of hand. over the weekend PDA connectivity in the freezer stopped working... it was finally fixed yesterday afternoon. but thats after numerous rolled cafs with the inabilty to backstock.

staffing for trailer unload is 5 TM's at best.. not nearly enough.. had my FBP visit today and she smacked my etls around for that... thank god.

also as a ULV 4am store. it is a challenge to fight for flats or tubs for a proper best practice unload. i decided to use plastic pallets... my FBP was upset that i was not following BP.. understandable.. obv

anybody else have stories?

New to PFresh

I'm currently a Backroom TM at a pretty high volume store in our district. We're planning to go through the 13 week PFresh process after Christmas. I was just wondering from the logistic and Backroom point of view, how has PFresh changed your work load and efforts? I've been told we would take more trucks, but they would be considered replenishment trucks (Wally World style), rather than crowd our Backroom up (which will be getting a lot smaller.)

I must admit we're struggling a bit right now. I'm not sure how other stores are doing. We "come clean" maybe once a week now due to being short staffed and seasonal isn't even trained yet! Our Instocks scan sections if they're lucky, we haven't done a complete scan in weeks. (They're usually pushing sales floor or other tasks). Challenge is left behind for the next day, which really ticks sales floor off! Ohh and since Halloween is all PTM now.....no vehicles for pulls. Shopping cart time!

What's everyone's take on PFresh and any advice to help my work load?

Ohh and I love all the information on the board. Glad to be here!

The food trucks are a live unload and push. Our store takes a food truck on the same day as RDC trucks. The truck hits the dock at around 6am to 7am. They will crowd your backroom up (well, you'll have coolers full of pallets until they get pushed and brought back for backstock).

I can't really comment on the actual workload during the 13 weeks of remodel since I was fortunately not in my store when we did it.

not to scared you but in a high volume store it is insane most people have cried and quit...This is coming from my previous ETL-remodel ...you see he did a high volume remodel before he came to my store..And he told us a bunch of stories..and its more hard in a high volume just because the store process does not stop it goes 24hr operations. SO HERE IS GOES
when ever they where remodeling the back room it was tough because they would try to move a aisle when ever back stock from the first truck would come in.
on sales floor when reseting 20 aisle the freight would come in and the flo team could not stock a whole block until the reseting was done..that why remodel team in that store could never come clean by 8am (which is always the goal in every store)
Moving your whole entire fixture room to another part of the back room, because the ambient room was going to replace it.
soft lines reduction where the construction crew cuts a bit of the carpet off from soft-lines girls,boys and replaces it with the white and red floor because hardlines is shifting over
then the little things like tile in the fitting room and metal plates in each gondola due to urban damage.
Their is so much more i cannot even thing of but i can tell you that it is stressful and it all about organization and planning well. because everyone that has gone threw a remodel has so many horror stories and im sure they can add on. When ever my ETL-Remodel came he was so happy because my store is not an overnight process, the store he did before mind had 5 trucks every night.In my store during that time the only thing we did was remodel,but we still had our moments where it got really annoying and again stressful but one ting we classified as a win is always came clean by 8am.:yess:

5 trucks ...EVERY NIGHT?!?!!

*dies*

5 trucks? That's insane! I found the "PFresh grand opening" thread, sorry to create a unneeded one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back