Archived Pfresh-Market hours 7 to 7 on the newest schedule ughh

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was talking to my TL today and on the newest schedule we had to cut our market hours. Now our pfresh coverage is 7am to 7pm. Anyone else have to do this? If they still expect the closer to zone dry grocery I say $%^& that. Whats funny is that both me and the other PA are looking for other jobs right now and will be gone when we find them. Cant wait to see that number 1 district score go down like a rock

Last edited:
We're not that bad, but we did lose all the double coverage we normally have (even though it's only a small amount of overlap), which means that MY schedule got changed to accommodate the fact that I'd need to either open or close on certain days instead of mid like I normally do. I'm not complaining because at least I actually got the shifts and didn't lose any hours, but still, I'm on a more or less set schedule...if you're going to mess with it, at least give me a heads up? /vent

Anyway, I feel bad to complain about that on here because from what I can gather, our pFresh has it pretty well by most standards. Our pFresh hours are 6am-10:30pm (9:30 on Sunday) and me and our other PA get the bulk of the hours (never gotten anything less than 35) and we have a few other Market TM's to to help out with the shifts we can't do. But for the schedule that comes out tomorrow and possibly the one after that, we're getting cut to just an open and closer and closer leaves at 9:30 each night.

P.S. If you're the top performing PFresh in the District and those are your hours, I would hate to know what your other stores hours are. That's rough.

We're not that bad, but we did lose all the double coverage we normally have (even though it's only a small amount of overlap), which means that MY schedule got changed to accommodate the fact that I'd need to either open or close on certain days instead of mid like I normally do. I'm not complaining because at least I actually got the shifts and didn't lose any hours, but still, I'm on a more or less set schedule...if you're going to mess with it, at least give me a heads up? /vent

Anyway, I feel bad to complain about that on here because from what I can gather, our pFresh has it pretty well by most standards. Our pFresh hours are 6am-10:30pm (9:30 on Sunday) and me and our other PA get the bulk of the hours (never gotten anything less than 35) and we have a few other Market TM's to to help out with the shifts we can't do. But for the schedule that comes out tomorrow and possibly the one after that, we're getting cut to just an open and closer and closer leaves at 9:30 each night.

P.S. If you're the top performing PFresh in the District and those are your hours, I would hate to know what your other stores hours are. That's rough.

Those are the hours on the newest posted schedule. Our normal hours have been 6am-9pm, always leaving an hour before closing and being made to zone ALL of market by our leadership team while closing

Try a superT with only 150hrs/week to cover 4 trucks a week and open to close coverage/zone/backup etc.

Should note that this is only for dry/dairy/frozen.

My store is does $55 million/yr and grocery is the driving force. we do it on those hrs. Not always on process, but the ETL's know and accept that and put up a good story when the DTL walks us!

I sympathize with you. I'm probably going to quit Spot and get a job with an actual grocery store who cares about.. y'knw.. Food Safety?

Why work for Spot at a measly 10/hour while being the LOD's *****? No thanks. Either I get paid more, or I walk right into an actual grocery store. Like Trader Joes? Yeah, they pay 13-14/hour starting.

Go **** yourself Gregg.

Last edited:
My p fresh hours gone down 15 hrs a week from the fall and 4th quarter.

Question to everyone who works in a p fresh store. What department is your CTL scheduled under? I ask because everyweek, my CTL is scheduled 37.5 hrs every week in the "market" department even though 1/2 her time is in dry market.

We are allocated 98 hours or so a week for "market" which dropped to 80 something on this newest schedule. The CTL is always scheduled under market and is responsible for both pfresh and dry market. So out of the 80-98 hours of Market about 40 of it is from our CTL. To have coverage from 6-closing at 10(9 on sundays) is 111 hours. We have 7-7 coverage now because that is 84 hours which is all we are allocated for an entire week.

Which is rediculous, because we are asked to zone G6-G44 which is almost the whole side of the store minus paper every closing shift. I would say it takes about 2.5 hours or so to zone everything which includes helping guests, getting perishables product up front, and helping out with phone calls or other things that take away from zoning. We have to help 3 times a week for C+S from 9-1ish because it wouldnt be finished on time if we didnt help. Not to mention all the cleaning that needs to get done in a month. Just between zoning and helping C+S its prob 25-27 or so hours taken out of our allocated hours for the week.

Last edited:
The smart thing to do is use that Target grocery training to get a job at a grocery store that pays more. I know people that have done it. Get the training and move to a place that pays better. I am pretty sure once people working at Target figure this out it is going to be a real problem.

Our pfresh team are scheduled almost normal this past week. 7 to 7 would not work in our area. Because we can be busy till 9pm on the basic side.

Wow, some of you guys have it rough! D:

Our CTL's hours come out of hardlines and we have 4 team members closing in market most nights with a PA there til 8 or 9 a couple of days a week.

I think our CTL does need to work on more guest focused scheduling with our PAs though.

Our CTL's hours come out of hardlines and we have 4 team members closing in market most nights with a PA there til 8 or 9 a couple of days a week.

I think our CTL does need to work on more guest focused scheduling with our PAs though.
Are you a super t?

Are you a super t?

Nope, just a high volume PFresh store. Our market area typically gets shopped pretty hard.

So they expect us P fresh closers to work all the cafs up until 5 (or 6 if your backroom team doesnt pull them first), fill the bananas, fill the eggs, push milk (which can be simple if your dairy cooler is attached to the milk door or take longer if you have to push up to 32 crates on a flat half way across the store, zone all of p fresh to perfections, check all dates in p fresh, zone freezers to perfection, clean the backroom and some of you have to zone all of dry.

How do they expect any of us to get all this done with cut hours? And how do they expect the PAs to run p fresh with less hours?
You just do the best you can and pray that your scores are green lol. For the night pulls I dont even work them out til after 3. Usually by then they are a decent size but can be done fairly quick before the walk. Before then, I have been zoning the back wall which includes dry grocery beverages, beer, some freezer, and our milk, cheese and creamers and usually the pfresh area before working out any pulls

Last edited:
Question to everyone who works in a p fresh store. What department is your CTL scheduled under? I ask because everyweek, my CTL is scheduled 37.5 hrs every week in the "market" department even though 1/2 her time is in dry market.

When my CTL closes (once a week and every 4th weekend), he is scheduled under Hardlines because he is leading Hardlines instead of doing P-Fresh. We have P-Fresh coverage during all open hours, be it the CTL, PAs, or a Hardlines TM who knows P-Fresh. If hours are too low, dry market loses its closer and P-Fresh and Hardlines attempt to cover it.

The smart thing to do is use that Target grocery training to get a job at a grocery store that pays more. I know people that have done it. Get the training and move to a place that pays better. I am pretty sure once people working at Target figure this out it is going to be a real problem.

That's what I'm planning on doing, should the position I'm in wings for doesn't open by June. I'll just hope next job has tuition reimbursement. Spot doesn't allocate enough hours towards pfresh thus compromising the safety and integrity of perishable product. Risk getting a crit violation from sterirech since focus is on guest service -- can't double check to make sure BR team followed food safety practices, etc

It's obvious that upper mgmt in spot have no idea what goes into ensuring a clean, sterile environment for food -- not to mention the amount of work involved. I'm no superman. Stop making me do the CTLs job when endcaps rotate out! That's time I can use for other things! Like cleaning that dairy cooler that hasn't been mopped in over a month! Let's not even get started on the crusty dairy racks.

That's what I'm planning on doing, should the position I'm in wings for doesn't open by June. I'll just hope next job has tuition reimbursement. Spot doesn't allocate enough hours towards pfresh thus compromising the safety and integrity of perishable product. Risk getting a crit violation from sterirech since focus is on guest service -- can't double check to make sure BR team followed food safety practices, etc

It's obvious that upper mgmt in spot have no idea what goes into ensuring a clean, sterile environment for food -- not to mention the amount of work involved. I'm no superman. Stop making me do the CTLs job when endcaps rotate out! That's time I can use for other things! Like cleaning that dairy cooler that hasn't been mopped in over a month! Let's not even get started on the crusty dairy racks.

Ive seen this mentioned a couple times about the CTL or other people in market setting endcaps. Dont get me wrong we set a few here and there but mostly Plano sets all of our endcaps, is this not the case at alot of other stores? We usually set the bunker when it rotates, and if Plano doesnt have time or I need to set something early I will do that as well, for example, setting the 4 wine/alcohol endcaps because the vendor had all the product and was willing to push it all out if I set it up real quick. One was on the bakery table, one was a sidecap next to meat, then a front and back endcap in dry

Last edited:
At my store, us PAs are responsible for the four freezer/cooler end caps, the bunker and the wine end caps. Our CTL does all the other market end caps and sometimes does the wine ones.

Also, dry market is covered by hardlines at my store...Market team members deal with the pFresh stuff. We don't touch the majority of G unless its to do Freshness Friday or SDAs. They just started asking us to zone paper at night, but that's only because hours have been so dire.

Lately my store has been running coverage from 6-3, then the closer doesn't come in until 5 or 6. It's not great considering the pulls pile up.

At my store, us PAs are responsible for the four freezer/cooler end caps, the bunker and the wine end caps. Our CTL does all the other market end caps and sometimes does the wine ones.

Also, dry market is covered by hardlines at my store...Market team members deal with the pFresh stuff. We don't touch the majority of G unless its to do Freshness Friday or SDAs. They just started asking us to zone paper at night, but that's only because hours have been so dire.

I envy you. I'm responsible for pfresh, frozen, dairy, and dry market. Home locs plus all endcaps. I've started making vendors tear down old endcaps and set it with their new product. Ill tie and label, they do rest. Even then, 45 aisles, 90 endcaps. One and half weeks. My other PA and I, along with our backups play tag as we do shift hand off.

I envy you. I'm responsible for pfresh, frozen, dairy, and dry market. Home locs plus all endcaps. I've started making vendors tear down old endcaps and set it with their new product. Ill tie and label, they do rest. Even then, 45 aisles, 90 endcaps. One and half weeks. My other PA and I, along with our backups play tag as we do shift hand off.

Dont forget cleaning all of those pfresh, dairy and freezer shelves too :excited:

Dont forget cleaning all of those pfresh, dairy and freezer shelves too :excited:

What cleaning? That's what diapers are for! (ETL's idea!) that way you spend less time wiping, more time guest servicin!

Diapers on the Dairy shelves? Hmm, how would you do that? I could see that on the bottom one, maybe, because there's a grate that goes on top, but not the other ones. We only use the diaper lining on the meat shelves.

Diapers on the Dairy shelves? Hmm, how would you do that? I could see that on the bottom one, maybe, because there's a grate that goes on top, but not the other ones. We only use the diaper lining on the meat shelves.

Same here

White pads underneath to soak, black mesh lining on top. Yogurts are on top of white plastic liners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back