Archived PG15 Team Leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock Lobster

Executive Team Leader
Ok basically my question is does anyone know what comes with being a PG15 TL? I know AE12 changed the PG structure for TLs so that 11 is starting, 13 has been in role for a bit, 15 is hipo but no senior spots open, and 17 is senior still... I am just wondering if 15 comes with keys, just not senior status (ie can't be LOD by themselves, but can get doors and help cover if another ETL is in the building?) or if it is just a random increase in pay for being hipo (which seems very unlikely... its gotta come with some strings attached lol)? I heard about it a long time ago, but our store is slow to get to this stuff and I may be moving up PGs soon? Just curious if any other stores have already been through the process....

To clarify I am asking about the NEW pg15 stuff... I know how it used to work (food, speciality, and key carriers only got this level)...

Last edited:
According to the AE documentation, hipo really is all it is. No keys, no strings (except obviously the higher expectations they'll place on you because they're paying you more and hoping to promote you soon). From what I've seen, no interviews are formally required, though obviously your store may decide to do some on their own before making their recommendations to the DTL, who (with input from the HRBP) makes the decision on all TL PG shifts (11->13 or 13->15).

Yeah, no keys unless you're a 17/Sr or LOG key carrier.

According to the AE documentation, hipo really is all it is. No keys, no strings (except obviously the higher expectations they'll place on you because they're paying you more and hoping to promote you soon). From what I've seen, no interviews are formally required, though obviously your store may decide to do some on their own before making their recommendations to the DTL, who (with input from the HRBP) makes the decision on all TL PG shifts (11->13 or 13->15).

The reason I asked because I knew the old PG15 TL (log) got that because of keys, so this new PG15 TL position is confusing to me.... Target has never been known to just hand out money, I mean I will perform at the level I am whether I was 11, 13, or 15... so why give me 15 unless it comes with something "more" to do?

Pay grade 15 is only offered at certain store volumes, correct? Does anyone know what the cutoff is? I would assume as a pay grade 15, you would begin to take on some minor ETL roles (not LOD roles), but I figure its probably up to the store on how they want to use the TLs.

Pay grade 15 is only offered at certain store volumes, correct? Does anyone know what the cutoff is? I would assume as a pay grade 15, you would begin to take on some minor ETL roles (not LOD roles), but I figure its probably up to the store on how they want to use the TLs.

If I'm remembering correctly, PG15 should only be used at stores that don't have Sr.TLs on their org chart, and there should only be a few per store at most. The mix is supposed to be something like 40-45% PG11, 40-45% PG13, and 10-20% PG15, but there's wiggle room there if it's called for (stores with lots of GOOD TLs who nevertheless don't wish to promote, for example). A PG15 TL is one whose work/performance affects the whole store, who trains/develops/mentors other TLs, who takes on the more complicated/challenging tasks or roles in the store, etc. etc. PG13 is similar, but more focused on leading their own teams and less on the whole-store/big-picture stuff.

If anyone wants to read the descriptions/explanations of the paygrades, search Workbench for the "Being the Best You" guide. It also has explanations for the ETL and STL paygrades.

"Be The Best You" reminds me of a great wrestling promo...

Give it a look, it's only 1:59, but it sounds like something Target would put out.

[video=youtube;9AHb9uIamqA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AHb9uIamqA[/video]

"Be The Best You" reminds me of a great wrestling promo...

Give it a look, it's only 1:59, but it sounds like something Target would put out.

[video=youtube;9AHb9uIamqA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AHb9uIamqA[/video]

Offtopic:DDP was on Raw last week was never a wcw fan but he was great.........BANG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back