Archived Pharmacy Hours/Schedule Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it normal for our tech hours to decrease from the time MyTime generates the schedule to when that week comes around?
When we check the initial schedule, we've got X amount of hours, but we'll check again later on and each tech shift will have decreased by at least an hour.
I though the pharmacists were supposed to adjust the schedule based on script count, but it seems like either MyTime does that for us or someone is taking our hours.

Your etl-Rx may of been asked to reduce hours by your stl. Hours are not based on script count at my store.

Your etl-Rx may of been asked to reduce hours by your stl. Hours are not based on script count at my store.

Oh, I should have clarified that this happens without any adjustments by my ETL RX. Our district has been no help, seems like everyone is clueless about how it all works.
So our STL could cut our quoted amount of hours, too? My etl said our "allotted hours" go down in that time period as well.

All stores' pharmacy hours are calculated on 3 criteria: total script count, new guests, & new Rxs. (This will change under CVS, they supposedly have over 120 criteria!) The hours are based on monthly totals. It shouldn't vary from week to week. If they are, the store is most likely taking hours, which they shouldn't be doing, unless your script counts are WAYYYY off or you are going WAYYYY over your allotted hours. If you are using the system to generate your schedules, though, going over the allotted hours is unlikely. My former ETL found out that the stores aren't supposed to take our hours because our hours are completely separate from theirs as far as how they are calculated & they don't come from the same "pool" of hours.

Last edited:
That is exactly what I wanted to hear! We are pretty sure they're taking our hours. :(
Oh well, we've just been adjusting back to our initial quoted number of hours, so they can take them all they want!

Stores often take from pharmacy hours. This is one of the benefits a lot of our RX ETLs and above are seeing with the move to CVS; we won't see our hours moved to other work centers.

That is exactly what I wanted to hear! We are pretty sure they're taking our hours. :(
Oh well, we've just been adjusting back to our initial quoted number of hours, so they can take them all they want!
Good! As long as you aren't going over your allotted hours/week, there's nothing they can do about it. Since they technically aren't supposed to take them, they will have to make up for them elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back