Archived Pharmacy job question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a part time Pharmacy Tech at Target and have been for a few years. Due to not having enough hours, can I also work at another retail pharmacy like CVS or Walgreens?

Spot (and whatever other pharmacy you are considering) would consider that a conflict of interest, which is a big no no.

I believe I've heard of a handful of people who have done this (with CVS/walgreens/walmart as their initial employer)... Bring it up to a pharmacist you know won't go gossiping around--preferably one who has been with target for a while-- and see what he/she thinks, then go from there.
But do note that if your state requires you to be registered with the board of pharmacy and to update your employment as well, there would be no way to be secretive about this, as your second employer would see spot attached to your registration, and if spot looked at your registration for any reason they would be able to see the second employer as well.

Our hours are horrible right now and we just got an email saying they're going to suck more (as in 10 hrs/tech)...I feel your pain

That's insane, 10 hours per tech? Have your script counts gone down the drain or something?
Well we've been averaging about 15-20 hours/tech, so it's not a terrible decrease overall. Yeah they've gone down a little bit, but so have most of the stores in our district. From what we've gathered it's not really anything our store in particular is doing wrong (besides the fact that until a few months ago we didn't have a steady pharmacist) -- mail order and better prices, mostly. Apparently they're cutting most of our area's hours until they figure something out.

Usually working at another retail pharmacy is frowned upon, but working at a hospital or compounding pharmacy isn't a problem. I know some stores also let techs pick up shifts as cashiers or in any other departments they're cross-trained in, if that's an option (ours does).

That's insane, 10 hours per tech? Have your script counts gone down the drain or something?
Well we've been averaging about 15-20 hours/tech, so it's not a terrible decrease overall. Yeah they've gone down a little bit, but so have most of the stores in our district. From what we've gathered it's not really anything our store in particular is doing wrong (besides the fact that until a few months ago we didn't have a steady pharmacist) -- mail order and better prices, mostly. Apparently they're cutting most of our area's hours until they figure something out.
Have you upgraded to the new system yet? Our hours are actually increasing for it, but I can see them going down once it's fully implemented....

I would think they wouldn't let you and I don't see how you could really get away with it...there is always that chance that someone from Spot will come into the other pharmacy...seems like you would have the stress of looking over your shoulder all the time .

Have you upgraded to the new system yet? Our hours are actually increasing for it, but I can see them going down once it's fully implemented....

I was under the impression that was temporary until proficiency was obtained. The discussion I got from the pharm etl was that hours were to permanently reduce as the system was more efficient. You know, while you're supposed to be vibing with the guests in hba.

I was under the impression that was temporary until proficiency was obtained. The discussion I got from the pharm etl was that hours were to permanently reduce as the system was more efficient. You know, while you're supposed to be vibing with the guests in hba.
That's what I thought as well, but I asked and ours have been increased "indefinitely". We even got the "green light" to hire another tech!

****I should add that our script count has increased 10% since 1st quarter too, which is REALLY odd???

You know, while you're supposed to be vibing with the guests in hba.

giphy.gif

Our pharmacy has had their hours just ruined since mytime started. They were at roughly 70 payroll hours per week and have been slashed to around 40 while at the same time our DTL has insisted they need to take 30 minutes out of their day to "vibe in HBA." Our techs are furious and the pharmacists have been fighting it as much as they can, but it's become a mess. It's a shame because our pharmacy continually crushes it's script count and is the highest rated pharmacy in our entire group as far as surveys go. They bust their asses every single day and have just been shit on for no reason at all. I would understand them being docked hours if they weren't making script count, but they are over every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back