Answered Pick Goals for Perishables OPUs

BadWolf4531

Fulfillment Expert
Hey gang,

We just started doing perishables OPUs 2 weeks ago. Trying to get a handle on the Food Safety Completed on Time Report. Does anyone know if the 30 min to pick perishables items start when the first cold item is picked, or when the batch is started with the first dry grocery item? Most of our batches have been 60-80% dry grocery and only a handful of perishables, yet we have several TMs who showed up Red on the report last week.

Thanks for any input!

It's supposed to be just from when the first fresh items are picked. Of course, it could be broken. Make sure your TMs are fully researching all dry items before picking anything cold/fresh. Even if that means they have to do a complete circle of the store to grab a drink out of a checklane cooler, head to infants for some pedialyte, dig through soda vendor pallets in receiving, poke around the vendor BR area for a bag of goldfish, manually take some beef jerky out of the back, and seach around seasonal for where some Gatorade got flexed out. That must all be done before heading back to market to pick the one carton of eggs that made it a grocery batch.

That was an actual batch of mine last week. It took forever and a day, but I didn't end up on the report because I did everything else before grabbing the eggs.

It's supposed to be just from when the first fresh items are picked. Of course, it could be broken. Make sure your TMs are fully researching all dry items before picking anything cold/fresh. Even if that means they have to do a complete circle of the store to grab a drink out of a checklane cooler, head to infants for some pedialyte, dig through soda vendor pallets in receiving, poke around the vendor BR area for a bag of goldfish, manually take some beef jerky out of the back, and seach around seasonal for where some Gatorade got flexed out. That must all be done before heading back to market to pick the one carton of eggs that made it a grocery batch.

That was an actual batch of mine last week. It took forever and a day, but I didn't end up on the report because I did everything else before grabbing the eggs.
Does anyone have a countdown timer for their fresh OPUs appearing while picking the batch? We do not have one - it's not been a problem as we have been right on them, but I am also wondering why they were omitted.

Also, would be nice to see a 30minute timer for the temperature sensitive items part of the batch.

Does anyone have a countdown timer for their fresh OPUs appearing while picking the batch? We do not have one - it's not been a problem as we have been right on them, but I am also wondering why they were omitted.

Also, would be nice to see a 30minute timer for the temperature sensitive items part of the batch.

No, there's no timer. It's supposed to be there. The material says that we should have one for the temp countdown. It doesn't exist. We sent the problem up a couple of months ago and haven't heard anything about it since. Getting answers/fixes from corporate about anything fresh OPU related has been extremely difficult. It's been pretty much "Please pilot this for us to see if it works. No, we don't want to hear about any problems. Just tell us it's all perfect. Thanks. Bye." Just like every other pilot that corporate pushes onto my store.

I have noticed the fresh OPUs we have done so far have been less than 10 items.

Also I posted in another thread we have coolers and freezers in the front of the store but they are going to be installed "whenever".

Hold on a second . Your perishable batches should be split from dry

No, dry and perishables are together. Dry remains in regular pickups if the order doesn't contain perishables. But, if it does, then dry falls into the same batches as perishables.

As for the OP, I had a chance to dig through Geenfield's grocery pick dashboard. It appears that it's working correctly. I could find several batches that took longer than 30 minutes to complete in total, but nothing showed up on the food safety list.

BTW, if anyone thought pick productivity for regular OPUs in Greenfield was horribly broken (it is), you should get a load of pick productivity for fresh grocery. I'm currently at about 6,500 UPH for the year. Or to put it another way it took me .20 hours in total to pick the approximately 1,300 units I've done in fresh batches. The Flash ain't got shit on me. :p:cool:

No, there's no timer. It's supposed to be there. The material says that we should have one for the temp countdown. It doesn't exist. We sent the problem up a couple of months ago and haven't heard anything about it since. Getting answers/fixes from corporate about anything fresh OPU related has been extremely difficult. It's been pretty much "Please pilot this for us to see if it works. No, we don't want to hear about any problems. Just tell us it's all perfect. Thanks. Bye." Just like every other pilot that corporate pushes onto my store.

That is SOP for all target pilots. How we got the apple Mydevices.. Horrible POS they were.

Back