Archived Picking up the pace in flow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys

I just started working on the flow team.I know it has only been a few shifts in but i have been told to pick up the pace a couple of times.I do not want this to become an issue.Any tips on how to speed up?

Knowing how to read the pick labels/location strips is probably the biggest time saver. Being able to find the product quickly keeps you from staring up and down the aisle looking for it. Also make sure that you have a box cutter and that you use it.

When I used to push market, or anywhere else (I do electronics now) I was averaging about 30 seconds per box - open, stock, tear down - and close to 20 minutes per aisle. A lot of that speed just came from practice and getting a good routine going.

I been in flow for awhile and I can tell you that its not about speed, more about being consistent. Best tip I can give you is always work the same spot on the line and push the same aisle or section every truck day until you can familiarize yourself with the box, product shelf label etc. Start to rely on muscle memory that way you can open a box and look at the product and know exactly where its going.

Start learning what DCPI and UPC codes are and how to use the codes to your advantage. Remember shelf lable and box label can lie, but DPCI and UPC don't.

^this. I worked the same aisles as often as possible. Mine were usually soup, baking, juice, candy, and the beverage wall.

I've been mainly bowling out market.So stocking in market has become easier.I mainly have stocking:Home Improvement/Lamps (C&D) and toys/sporting goods/seasonal

The advice I give to all my newbies is until you have the experience to have fast hands, have fast feet. Moving quickly from one place to the next is a great way to make up the time lost with slow pushing. I see so many meandering from one task to the next when just a simple thing as walking quicker would improve their times.

The single biggest time killer I find is steps taken. Reducing the amount of steps you take will reduce your time. My best advice is to grab a cart, trash your boxes in the cart as you go. Empty your trash into the cage when your aisle is done. This should shave a ton of time off for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back