Archived Piercings in Target Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are team members allowed to have piercings in Target Cafe if it doesn't include a Pizza Hut? I wasn't sure if it was a policy connected with only Pizza Hut or if it's Target's policy.

I haven't trained at Target Cafe yet (but I was hired to work there...I've been a cashier so far) but we have a Target cafe "express" that just has the basics...like popcorn, slushies, etc, and I was still told I had to take my facial piercings out, including my nose ring.

My HR manager said I could put a "bandaid" on my nose ring, but at this point I think I'd make customers more comfortable by taking it out. I can't explain the rationale behind why a bandaid is less likely to fall into food than an L shaped piercing, but rules are rules.

That's odd we had a umber of people who worked in the TC who had facial piercings and there was never any problems.

Ugh. My nose ring has been in for two years now. I've never taken it out. I was really hoping it would be for solely Pizza Hut since they have added policies. Oh well. Time to go find some retainers and put a little foundation over it. Thanks for the reply!

That's odd we had a umber of people who worked in the TC who had facial piercings and there was never any problems.

I don't know yet if this rule is going to be enforced at my location, I'm just repeating what HR said. I've had my nose ring for eight years now. I'm assuming it's safe to keep out at this point for 4-7 hours while I work food, but the thought doesn't make me comfortable. It isn't exactly easy to put in/out.

Yeah, same here Eshana. I have the one with the ball that keeps it connected. I know I'm going to need some pliers to get this bad boy out. It's a 16 gauge but the ring is small.

It is a food safety violation to wear any jewelry in Target Cafe, Starbucks, Deli, Bakery, etc. You can't wear earrings, nose rings, bracelets, watches, anything. The only things permitted are a plain wedding band and medical alert bracelets. It's not just a Pizza Hut thing. As for nose rings, there are the clear plugs that will allow you to keep your hole filled, but won't be visible to anyone else.

It's funny about those rules because then you watch Chopped or Iron Chef and you see these top of the line chefs with all sorts of body mods.

edit

I think it is probably to the discretion of the STL at each store. I have a few facial piercings and have dealt with food (p-fresh) for 3 years now and have never had an issue with it. We also had a girl who was covered in piercings who actually worked up in cafe for a bit and she never got flack for it. So it's pretty much up to the STL typically from what I have witnessed at least as STL's have come and gone at my store.

I was always told that Target supports people being individuals and being their own person and as long as tattoos and piercings aren't offensive to anybody, then I can wear whatever I want.

I train for food ave on Tuesday, so I'll report back letting you guys know what my superiors say!

If the piercings are huge enough that it has the potential of getting caught on something take them out. But I had TMs that had little nose stud and loop piercings, and labrets. And small gauges. Nothing ever was said.

Hmm.. Not sure if I wanna risk keeping it in and seeing what my trainer says at the other store I'm training in. I'm training for FA TL, so I guess I should WANT to enforce it. /le sigh.

Oh well, thanks for the answers guys.

If you are moving to a new store or training at another store, I would wait till you are done training.

If you will be assigned to a store that you previously worked at and they know you have one, leave it in.

Regardless of the attitude of your store leadership, if a Steritech technician sees you with it, they will count it as a violation. I believe it's minor, but it has been a while since I read it on a report.

UPDATE: So, I worked in the target cafe today. First thing the woman training me made me do was take my nose ring out. I left it out for seven hours, and I had to push hard to get it back in...and I've had it for eight years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back