Archived PIPO Diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come up&up diapers don't come as pipo like water or paper towels? The other day we got enough diapers to fill 7 pallets but they came loose in the truck individually picked, it seems to me like a big waste of time on both sides dc and store. Is there a reason for it?

photo.JPG

With water and paper towels, every unit on the pallet has the same DPCI. For diapers, there are a lot of different varieties, counts, and sizes, which means a lot of DPCIs. If they came to your store palletized, that would be a lot of pallets and you'd have a shitload of diapers in the backroom.

Only time I ever receive pipo pallets of diapers has been when the area is being reset or a possible end cap is going up. But it was always an assorted pipo pallet. Took the longest time to get the dc to stop sending us assorted pipo beneful pallets where only one type ever went out. Now we need to get them to stop sending me so much paper.

I understand about different dpcis, we do get a lot of assortment pipos of luvs and pampers. I forgot to mention that our 7 pallets of diaper that day only had 3 sizes, the bulk pack sizes 3, 4 and 5. How does the diapers come to the DC from the manufacturer? Not that it really matters but if we're gonna get 100 boxes of each size on a single day it would help if they were palletized.

I understand about different dpcis, we do get a lot of assortment pipos of luvs and pampers. I forgot to mention that our 7 pallets of diaper that day only had 3 sizes, the bulk pack sizes 3, 4 and 5. How does the diapers come to the DC from the manufacturer? Not that it really matters but if we're gonna get 100 boxes of each size on a single day it would help if they were palletized.

I would think it would help as well if they would leave the 70 cases of distilled water on the pallets as well, but alas the dc likes to unload pallets.

I would think it would help as well if they would leave the 70 cases of distilled water on the pallets as well, but alas the dc likes to unload pallets.

They stack the strangest things, I think they get a few team members to lift some pallets onto others just so we can't roll it out of the trailer.

I know this is a way old thread, but i haven't been on here in forever, so...

The DC in not responsible for deciding what is pipo verses conveyable and Non-Con. Thats the job of logistics at corporate, now there was a level of freedom to override some things But that was up to your Logistics GL. if you wanted to change that, what you'd have to do is look through the org chart for your servicing DC and find there LogGL send them an E-mail and ask that they change it. But if your at a low volume store (B and lower) or not a "superfreaky" store for BTS then there just going to brush your request off, because your just not important.

at least thats the way it used to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back