Archived Sweeping assortment pipos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the holiday season last year, we had 2 leftover pallets of Del Monte assortment pipos (not even counting the amount that we had broken down and palletized) sitting around still banded together in the original shrink wrapping as received by the DC. We were authorized to sweep them back 2-3 times throughout the year but they were always rejected and shoved back to us due to the fact that the individual cases aren't wrapped in the standard packaging that canned veggies are normally shipped in. Our quantity on hand for each major type of veggie (whole kernel corn, cut green beans, etc) was well over 1000 still by the time this holiday season rolled around and I was hoping it would deter the initial push for this year but alas, we have already received 2 more pallets.

We built our sales planner entirely from last year's product and STILL have a full pallet worth of year old canned vegetables to go through before we even touch the new assortment pallets. Assuming we end up with unopened pallets again after the holidays, what does it take to sweep back assortment pipos built entirely out of tray packs without being rejected?

Those stupid things are liable to expire before you can ever sweep them back normally. Best bet is to either mysupport it or talk to your dtl when they visit to get it cleared for return.

RMS vendor came to our store sometime around March. She did a precount of all DPCIs. We were sent plain brown boxes then she came back in and pack 24 cans per box by DPCI and we were than able to sweep back those boxes. Still a pain in the a**.

Same here RMS came in and repackaged 2 pallets worth of ours. I was still left with 2 pallets and have already gotten 2 more this year.

Best bet is to either mysupport it or talk to your dtl when they visit to get it cleared for return.

Regrettably, I am only a weekend warrior at Target now. I have no access to mysupport and I have only seen our DTL once in the past 2 years. I've been attempting to go through the ETL staff here but only get shrugs when I bring it up. I'm tempted to take matters in my own hands and set up a TPC on them from now until Thanksgiving but that would likely result in just getting replenished (and fired).

You have access to mysupport. Everyone has access to workbench, which is where the link to mysupport is. I'd just make sure that your ETL knows that you're sending/you've sent a mysupport about your ridiculous overstocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back