Sweep pet peeves?

There are sets of bollards that we’re supposed to put the bale next to so it won’t slide. Then we’re supposed to wedge the forks in between the bale and the pallet to lift the bale off of the pallet and put it on the bale trailer.
It’s easier to just dump it in front of the bale trailer and deal with it on the floor though.

So a salvage pallet built on a Chep pallet would be significantly more of a headache? This is the kind of content I was looking for thanks for your insights

Not gonna lie, checking the sweeps dock today I saw basically every cardboard bale on a CHEP lol. Might as well do it if its easier all around for everyone.

So a salvage pallet built on a Chep pallet would be significantly more of a headache? This is the kind of content I was looking for thanks for your insights
If a store sends something on a chep pallet, the DC isn’t going to rebuild it on a brown pallet, so it’s no different on our level. (Maybe there’s a DC that does, definitely not mine though)
The only reason process says “send everything on brown pallets” is money. We pay rent for every chep pallet that we get in until we return it to chep, so if we send it somewhere else, we’ll be paying rent for it until the end of time. (I’m sure it’s more complicated than that, but the basic idea is there)

13 years+ at Target and all I've ever done is use chep unless I couldn't. Was told everything on brown which I do except bales.
I'm curious about merch sweeps because they used to be very particular about them before but I've noticed some questionable merch sweeps sent back from my store before and haven't gotten them back in a long time. I do my best to do it properly when I can but it just seems to be how much can we get away with each and every time.

I have heard the exact opposite. DC is swimming in salvage now because they got rid of the third party vendor that was handling it to reduce costs.
I stand partially corrected, they got rid of that vendor to make way for the third party buildings that are fully taking over all reverse logistics processes for RDCs.

Back