Archived Plano/Pricing Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Modernization is kicking our ass at our store. We are scrambling to get team members cross trained. Since every TL is in charge of all their transitions and price changes for their departments can anyone give me any tips or point me in the direction of any guides? I’m mostly concerned about price change and planograms. I need pointers because I’m basically learning everything as I go with no past training. How can I organize label strips with the pog sheets, how many DPCI’s should team members get through in price change per shift, etc? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated because we are just trying to do our best at my store.

Thanks.

Modernization is kicking our ass at our store. We are scrambling to get team members cross trained. Since every TL is in charge of all their transitions and price changes for their departments can anyone give me any tips or point me in the direction of any guides? I’m mostly concerned about price change and planograms. I need pointers because I’m basically learning everything as I go with no past training. How can I organize label strips with the pog sheets, how many DPCI’s should team members get through in price change per shift, etc? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated because we are just trying to do our best at my store.

Thanks.
Hi there! Although all leads at my store over see the price change & transition aspect of their dept. i still “own” those work centers.
Plano:
  • best way to organize planograms is by type. I would requisition a file box with a plethora of dividers.
  • separate dividerss by day. Sun-sat. The. One labeled “not complete/overdue”. Then one labeled “ISM/SAP issues”
-once you have that system in place it’s easier to plan out your workload for that day. You can gage the workload and determine if you have any past due planograms that need immediate attention. The divider that has ISM/SAP would be the spot you place planograms that have those signing issues or need to order a fixture. It’s good to reference those planograms until the issue becomes resolved
  • do you check the adjacency calander? This gives you a detailed overview of what is setting or that week. You can view the workload a month out i believe
  • also reference the apperendum guide (i think that’s what it’s called) this gives your early set notes info and a bunch of useful information needed to for any transition .

Pricing:
-there use to be an old method where rule of thumb was if you worked an eight hour shift you should complete 1,000 ticket eaches
-was also a method on how many hours it would need to complete a pricing workload. Let’s say two weeks out the workload is 5400. You divide 5400 by 120. The total (45) is how many hours is needed to complete the workload. You would then schedule up to 45 hours
-pricing workload always fluctuates, if you look at the price change report daily it should give u an updated estimate on how big the workload is

Hope this helps?

Thanks.

All I can say is that it's going to ugly fast under modernization. It's all the little things the pog team did. We were expected to be experts on setting. And we CLEANED! No one is going to clean now. I can't stress enough how I think Target is imploding in the wrong way. Yes, we have to adapt to the changing retail landscape, but destroying these specialized teams is a mistake.

All I can say is that it's going to ugly fast under modernization. It's all the little things the pog team did. We were expected to be experts on setting. And we CLEANED! No one is going to clean now. I can't stress enough how I think Target is imploding in the wrong way. Yes, we have to adapt to the changing retail landscape, but destroying these specialized teams is a mistake.
No one cleaned before either. I actually find it more plausible that an Electronics or Beauty TM that’s in their area everyday is more likely to clean than a Plano TM

No one cleaned before either. I actually find it more plausible that an Electronics or Beauty TM that’s in their area everyday is more likely to clean than a Plano TM

When your pog team set an area, no one cleaned? For example, the basedecks in domestics or the shelves in toys? Never? I find that hard to believe as it was part of their job. If they didn't, then so be it. No one will now either. Imagine no one ever cleaning the shelves in domestics.

At both stores I've worked at, we cleaned the shelves, changed out broken label holders, etc. No one will do that now.

When your pog team set an area, no one cleaned? For example, the basedecks in domestics or the shelves in toys? Never? I find that hard to believe as it was part of their job. If they didn't, then so be it. No one will now either. Imagine no one ever cleaning the shelves in domestics.

At both stores I've worked at, we cleaned the shelves, changed out broken label holders, etc. No one will do that now.
That’s quite pessimistic. I can see TMs who “own” a specific area more likely to fix broken label holders and fine tune their area than a Plano TM rushing to finish to move onto the next area. Now I’m not saying the sets are going to be as efficient or even as good at first but everything comes with time.

That’s quite pessimistic. I can see TMs who “own” a specific area more likely to fix broken label holders and fine tune their area than a Plano TM rushing to finish to move onto the next area. Now I’m not saying the sets are going to be as efficient or even as good at first but everything comes with time.

Thanks for your judgement about my opinion. You couldn't even be bothered to answer my question. Didn't the pog tl do their job and hold the team accountable? If not, they weren't doing their job either.

We have people on here NOW saying they hardly have time to push and backstock. They say there is no time to even zone. But you want me to believe that they will magically have time to do something like clean?

I'll give you my opinion ..... your naivete is shocking.

Thanks for your judgement about my opinion. You couldn't even be bothered to answer my question. Didn't the pog tl do their job and hold the team accountable? If not, they weren't doing their job either.

We have people on here NOW saying they hardly have time to push and backstock. They say there is no time to even zone. But you want me to believe that they will magically have time to do something like clean?

I'll give you my opinion ..... your naivete is shocking.
Pilots are never perfect, that’s the point of them. People adapt and things change. It won’t be perfect at first as nothing is. I’m sure when you started at target you weren’t the most efficient and perfect TM. They’re re training the entire company and that takes time. I’m not naive I’m just optimistic that the company I work for and spend 40 hours a week at will succeed because if they don’t I’m out a job I’ve invested a lot of my time and energy in. It’s pessimistic TMs like yourself that will take this new process a while to work. If you don’t believe in the company you work for you probably shouldn’t be working there.

Pilots are never perfect, that’s the point of them. People adapt and things change. It won’t be perfect at first as nothing is. I’m sure when you started at target you weren’t the most efficient and perfect TM. They’re re training the entire company and that takes time. I’m not naive I’m just optimistic that the company I work for and spend 40 hours a week at will succeed because if they don’t I’m out a job I’ve invested a lot of my time and energy in. It’s pessimistic TMs like yourself that will take this new process a while to work. If you don’t believe in the company you work for you probably shouldn’t be working there.

You could be out of a job anyway. Uh, remember Canada? How soon they forget. I'm not pessimistic. I'm realistic.

By people like you always being yes yes yes, the actual pilot stores don't seem to have worked out the bugs. And now you are saying the whole company is a pilot. How can you say the whole company is participating in a pilot program? That is ridiculous. You use a few stores to run the PILOT and use it to test. But from what I've read on here, few recommendations were given. All people want to hear is .... yes.

You could be out of a job anyway. Uh, remember Canada? How soon they forget. I'm not pessimistic. I'm realistic.

By people like you always being yes yes yes, the actual pilot stores don't seem to have worked out the bugs. And now you are saying the whole company is a pilot. How can you say the whole company is participating in a pilot program? That is ridiculous. You use a few stores to run the PILOT and use it to test. But from what I've read on here, few recommendations were given. All people want to hear is .... yes.
I didn't say the whole company was in a pilot but currently the program is still in "Pilot" mode for a few more week and the stores that are piloting haven't even received the official rollout info. I said it's a pilot because all the info on this site is still hypothetical for a few more week. It's a job and they pay you to do it so yeah most the time I am a yes man. I make sure to give feedback to my STL when I find it necessary but I don't question him or the company I work for. Do I love the changes? No, but I've accepted them because complaining and refusing to revert from old ways are how companies go bankrupt. We work for a company that is opening 10-20 stores a year while other major retailers are closing hundreds of stores. Retail isn't the same beast anymore and sometimes you have to drink the kool-aid to keep your job.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this topic of cleaning. Of course, ASANTS, but after the presentation team goes through an area and makes it look great again it doesn't stay that way for long (like 2 days tops) before it gets trashed. I have yet to see DBO of the area come through and do weekly or bi monthly maintenance. So for you to insist that the DBO will do a better job than a Presentation TM, I will have to disagree.

I didn't say the whole company was in a pilot but currently the program is still in "Pilot" mode for a few more week and the stores that are piloting haven't even received the official rollout info. I said it's a pilot because all the info on this site is still hypothetical for a few more week. It's a job and they pay you to do it so yeah most the time I am a yes man. I make sure to give feedback to my STL when I find it necessary but I don't question him or the company I work for. Do I love the changes? No, but I've accepted them because complaining and refusing to revert from old ways are how companies go bankrupt. We work for a company that is opening 10-20 stores a year while other major retailers are closing hundreds of stores. Retail isn't the same beast anymore and sometimes you have to drink the kool-aid to keep your job.
That must be nice. When my store ditched MS last August we were told that there would be no extra hours. It shows, we have no time to do much. Even though 95% of our phone activations are CC that only take 20-30 minutes on average. There's some days we've had to utilize waitlist.me just for the sheer number of guests that have come in.

Our backroom is a wreck, our entertainment revisions often go half-assed, I couldn't tell you the last time the department was properly zoned.

I would have bailed but I'm still getting a descent number of hours and it's too cold to go job hunting right now.

Sounds like it's going great. But I'm sure they have time to do all the things we've been discussing.

I will agree with you about one thing, I get paid to do what the company tells me.

I remember a time when an ETL tried to prove time goals can be achieved easily so he worked a vehicle gave himself an hour time limit. He Busted his ass as fast as he could all the while ignoring EVERYTHING else around him and in the store. He finish just under 1 hour with sweat pouring off him and said see it only takes about an hour to work a vehicle. Than expected others to do that every vehicle, every time, everyday but also do backups, guest service, zone, reshop and scans. Still haven't seen this work lol. Expectations vs reality is a funny thing.

This is exactly why I'm a realist.

This is true because we were told if we question the new process in anyway it would be considered resistant. We were also told any resistance can and will lead to termination. You are told to own your business but told you have to own it the way corporate wants it. when you ask them to show you the proper way they say we are not sure, we are a pilot store trying to figure it out. I remember someone on here saying it feels like they are making the new process purposely unattainable so the can fire anyone they don't see fit. Than after they clear house pull back and fine tune the process to make it work. Any time a pilot is used in any business it's to test something to see if it works by adjusting, changing, tweaking or in some cases cancelling it all together. In Target's case you have to say everything works amazing and try to cover up problems or you will be out of a job. Target in the past was never afraid to try things and admit there were failures and scrapped them or changed them. Why not admit some of the process is not working and fix it this time. Modernization is untouchable for some reason.

As the current Plano TL in my store that's about to roll out the "finalized" pilot tomorrow, I've spent time trying to at least walk as many TMs that have never been on Plano through a few things each day. I'm pretty positive I'm going to be spending alot of time putting out fires in every Dept. But as a Lead I encourage questions. Even the same question 20 times until they get it down. I'm not a fan of these changes but I want my TMs and my store to succeed and look good.

My small piece of advice would be to ask, and ask, and ask again until you are sure you've got it down. Hopefully your Leads will be as helpful and patient as I try to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back