Archived Plastic or Metal-Plastic carts?

Which carts does your store have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have all plastic and I love them. They’re unique and seem higher end than metal ones. Plus they’re SILENT
Thought the same thing until I used the new metal plastic for a bit. They’re amazing and glide. Just feel better quality too. I hate the old metal plastic

The "glide" is solely in the wheels, not the cart design.

The "glide" is solely in the wheels, not the cart design.
Thank you for explaining basic physics. The quality of the carts are better resulting in better quality wheels. The cart design doesn’t directly corolate but plays a role in why they glide.

You are wrong... it's the wheels.

But you go, girl!

Or guy.

You are wrong... it's the wheels.

But you go, girl!

Or guy.
I never disagree that it was the wheels but that fact that the wheels are better are because the overall design of the cart was improved. Also the fact that they’re brand new plays a huge role but I didn’t state that because it was obvious. It’s pretty obvious that the wheels are the reason something rolls well. Didn’t think I had to spell it out.

Not great shots but:

Old plastic/metal carts:
  • Rectangular logo spaces
  • Lattice design in basket and undercarriage
New plastic/metal carts:
  • Circular logo spaces
  • Circle holes in basket and undercarriage

View attachment 6591
View attachment 6592

Our store finally got these new metal plastic carts. If you have been at target long enough you remember the old metal carts. These are similar but bigger and the metal is a light gray color. They really do look sharp, one of spots good decisions. We had the all plastic carts before that always were getting broken, these should last a bit.

We just got new carts today, metal frame with plastic basket. There are still a couple all-plastic ones floating around, including attached to the cart pusher.

We have the metal plastic ones, there's two little notches inside the cart where the metal pokes out and you can slide a basket into it. (I don't think it was meant for that but its so useful.)

I can’t wait to have the new gen carts over the plastic Bemis carts. They’re a pain in the ass to stock parts and rebuild 😒

Our store has metal/plastic 1.0, except we have two kiddie chariots that came with the all plastic carts, and the Caroline Cart. We were told we would be switched to the all plastic carts when we were remodeled last year, but like most of Spot's promises, it was as empty as interstellar space.

My store got the new metal/plastic carts back in September. Before that we had these nasty orange plastic/metal carts that blabbed about the target guest card.

God those carts were garbage. The only good thing about them is that we kept inheriting the old carts from all the nearby targets that had been shut down. We had so many spot had to send an extra trailer for us to load up all the old carts.

I should post a picture of our cart boneyard behind the store. Our new PMT for the last couple weeks has taken a few carts out and rebuilt at least couple carts of ones that are also broken in a different way. Mostly wheels die on them, the wheels come apart like an old bad retread tire. We must have over a hundred carts out behind the store. Ours are the full plastic ones, I like them they hold more crap than the old version metal/plastic we had before. Haven't used the new metal/plastic 2.0.

The store I work at has all plastic and the one down the road metal/plastic. As a shopper I prefer the metal/plastic, they seem lighter and easier to push with one hand and make tight turns with. A couple guests said they like the all plastic better because the wheels go straight, but agreed with me on the weight.

We have the new metal/plastic ones now and they're sooo smooth. But I was shopping at a different store where they're obviously older carts and mine had such an intense pull to the left going on as I pushed it. I think I prefer the plastic carts' wonky wheels to the ol' 3-tier-struggle to move in a straight line with those heavy things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back