Archived Plastic or Metal-Plastic carts?

Which carts does your store have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The shitty plastic ones, 70 % of our carts are broken in one way or another.
Yeah I have pinched myself with them every now and then.
About 60% seem to be missing the plastic flap where you sit a baby. The one you can flip up to keep stuff from falling out the leg holes.

My store has the metal frame, plastic basket because none of the full plastic baskets would able to go up or down the cart escalator inside the store. I don't have a preference moreover which carts are the least squeakiest and broken tbh.

We have the metal frame ones. All the other stores in my town have the new plastic ones. Hopefully after the promised remodel soon we'll get the new ones.
The new stores in my town got the plastic on metal frame ones and omg they are smoooooooooooth. Definitely the Rolls Royce of shopping buggies in my opinion.

There are three models now. The metal/plastic, the all plastic, and the new version of the metal/plastic. The new version is great and a perfect mix between the two of them.
Metal-plastic 2.0 then!
The difference is the Target logo space is circular instead of square like my pic.
Let me see if I can find it.

We have new metal/plastic ones. They have the circle pattern design on the actual basket, and a target bullseye on a round piece on the sides.

Our pmt loves them, saying the spare plastic cart pieces for the fully plastic carts take up a lot of room in the back. They're like 6 molded pieces in total to make a cart and you have to replace a full section away a time.

I like them better. We recycled the old rusty metal ones. The wheels on these are so smooth and quiet :)

Wierd story. We once got a fully plastic cart in our store. And we've never had them. We had rusty metal, then the new ones. The closest target with full plastic is about 50 miles away. Everyone around us has always had metal. So that cart must have gone on one hell of a journey. We sent it away on the sweep truck. Onward, little cart. To your next adventure.

Last edited:
Wierd story. We once got a fully plastic cart in our store. And we've never had them. We had rusty metal, then the new ones. The closest target with full plastic is about 50 miles away. Everyone around us has always had metal. So that cart must have gone on one hell of a journey. We sent it away on the sweep truck. Onward, little cart. To your next adventure.
Lol nice!! That poor cart!

We have one that says, "please do not take cart into the mall. Cart not allowed on escalator." No Targets anywhere in the state can I think of with escalators or attached to malls, so this one must've come from distant lands too.

We have the new metal/plastic. The metal has this nice anti-rust painting on it. Very clean look and feels good too.

Full plastic, and we fix and replace as necessary. Should be getting a load of extras for 4th quarter soon.

Other than not marrying up to each other as well as the old carts, the new hybrid are 'aight.

We have the newer carts, but we also have some plastic ones that flow used to use for breakout that just sit outside now.

The new metal-plastic ones are great. Our old uncoated metal-plastic ones were rusty as fuck. The new ones slide around so nice and quietly.

We have all plastic and I love them. They’re unique and seem higher end than metal ones. Plus they’re SILENT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back