Playing Music In Target?

Would You Want Music Playing In Target?

• Yaaaaaaaaas

Votes: 197 59.3%
  • Heck no

Votes: 135 40.7%

• Total voters
Conway Twittinski I would love to visit Alaska with a camera and a split bamboo fly rod. In the summer!

You and just about everyone else up here.
It's called combat fishing for a reason.

FROMONLINE_110719898_AR_1_0_f42b3462436fa835cfbda0d8852eda18.jpg

Commie That looks horrible. The rednecks call it "meat fishing." I like the solitude of fly fishing with no one within 100 yds. Kinda like being up in the Cessna 2500 agl light winds, clear sky @ 75% cruise speed. Nice and peaceful.

I'd like to hear the ATC on a carrier communicating with a Republic A-10 pilot then fire up the twin jets spooling up for blast off!

White people complaining about Hispanic music 🙄 some things just never change.
To be fair, I AM white, and I brought it up so that's a fair point.
I just don't like it when I can't understand any of the lyrics, and the melody isn't catchy enough to make up for it. I like some Hispanic music, with English lyrics, thanks.

As much as I'd prefer pure silence in the store, I like the way they did the Christmas music this year. Instead of ramming it down our ears throughout, they started the season with just sprinkling it in, and gradually increased it as we got closer to Christmas. If it were just 24/7 Christmas music nonstop for 2 months, I'd go insane lol.

To be fair, I AM white, and I brought it up so that's a fair point.
I just don't like it when I can't understand any of the lyrics, and the melody isn't catchy enough to make up for it. I like some Hispanic music, with English lyrics, thanks.
About a third of the population of the city my store is in is Hispanic. Honestly who cares about the music, I feel bad when a Spanish speaking guest needs help and they have to wait 10 minutes for a Spanish speaking team member to translate.

About a third of the population of the city my store is in is Hispanic. Honestly who cares about the music, I feel bad when a Spanish speaking guest needs help and they have to wait 10 minutes for a Spanish speaking team member to translate.
What about using a translation app on your phone? I don't carry my phone with me on the floor, but so many TMs do, seems like someone nearby would be able to help.
Maybe this would be a good thing to have on our zebras.

What about using a translation app on your phone? I don't carry my phone with me on the floor, but so many TMs do, seems like someone nearby would be able to help.
Maybe this would be a good thing to have on our zebras.
I try to use that sometimes. But it's not always accurate. Text to speech barely works when I use it for English lol

I try to use that sometimes. But it's not always accurate. Text to speech barely works when I use it for English lol
Not perfectly accurate, but generally well enough to do the job. I've used them with people from a variety of places around the world and found it helpful. Not enough to have a real conversation, but it's okay to relay information.
Many years ago, I worked in a university bookstore that had the ESL text contract with the school. (We were located in the international student center, so it made sense.) We had a lot of students from other countries shopping there and, as you might expect, they knew barely enough English to get by. I was often the one called over to help them, not because I knew their home language, which I definitely did not, but more because I was patient enough with them to figure out which course they were taking and therefore which book/s they needed. A translation app on my phone could have been so helpful, even if it wasn't perfect.

Not perfectly accurate, but generally well enough to do the job. I've used them with people from a variety of places around the world and found it helpful. Not enough to have a real conversation, but it's okay to relay information.
Many years ago, I worked in a university bookstore that had the ESL text contract with the school. (We were located in the international student center, so it made sense.) We had a lot of students from other countries shopping there and, as you might expect, they knew barely enough English to get by. I was often the one called over to help them, not because I knew their home language, which I definitely did not, but more because I was patient enough with them to figure out which course they were taking and therefore which book/s they needed. A translation app on my phone could have been so helpful, even if it wasn't perfect.
Had a guest ask me a question by translation app the other day, worked perfectly. It can be very helpful.

Back