Playing Music In Target?

Would You Want Music Playing In Target?

• Yaaaaaaaaas

Votes: 197 59.3%
  • Heck no

Votes: 135 40.7%

• Total voters
Also, why is Christina singing in all caps? Screaming all your own songs is bad enough, don't ruin Christmas carols

I shop at Target and never stay any longer than necessary to get my shit and leave. 10 mins max. Play whatever the hell they want.

Except for the Christmas music blaring out over the store, the rest of the time it's only in Starbucks & the restrooms.
It's always fun listening to people in the restrooms trying to have a private convo over music as loud as a nightclub.

That 15 minute one is awful, who thought that was a good idea to include? It doesn't even sound like a Christmas song half the time, there's just people cheering in the background like their soccer team won.

That 15 minute one is awful, who thought that was a good idea to include? It doesn't even sound like a Christmas song half the time, there's just people cheering in the background like their soccer team won.
Lots of the songs they play don't sound like Christmas songs if you don't pay attention to the lyrics. That Cher one is a good example. It just sounds like Believe with Christmas lyrics instead.

Christmas music helps to set a festive mood. Even the overplayed songs, lol.

My store has no music (which is mostly a plus most of the year lol), the decorations were not that great and poorly placed, and the seasonal and Bullseye Playground departments frankly looked like shit. Not very festive at all this year.

Something like every third song on the playlist was in Spanish. It makes sense for some parts of the US, but it my area, it kind of came off as an apology to the Inclusiveness Police for playing Christmas music.

Something like every third song on the playlist was in Spanish. It makes sense for some parts of the US, but it my area, it kind of came off as an apology to the Inclusiveness Police for playing Christmas music.
We do not have an Hispanic demographic. People actually stop, look up at the ceiling and say "Huh?" Play some Russian, French or Hmong? That would include our population.

We do not have an Hispanic demographic. People actually stop, look up at the ceiling and say "Huh?" Play some Russian, French or Hmong? That would include our population.

I don't know how many Hmong Christmas songs there are but I would be down with that.
Living in Alaska I'm familiar with the Russian Orthodox music and it would at least be interesting.
Russian punk rock on the other hand slaps.
I have a bunch of it.
French can cover a lot of territory from Africa to Canada so the music varies wildly.
I'd be happy with that as well.

Back