Playing Music In Target?

Would You Want Music Playing In Target?

• Yaaaaaaaaas

Votes: 197 59.3%
  • Heck no

Votes: 135 40.7%

• Total voters
We played music at my old target and it was at first really nice, they played a good selection of “new songs” plus older ones, I believe they repeated the track list every 3-4 hours. In a normal shift you wouldn’t hear the same song more than 3 times but that’s because we spent 8 hour shifts. If you really didn’t like the music, it wasn’t hard to tone it out, plus they played Christmas music during the holidays. Coming to a new store, I miss hearing the music, it was, in a odd way, comforting. Once things started winding down, I’d obviously put in a single AirPod, but now just hearing the constant target banter from the TV’s in electronics is frustrating to say the least.

Unfortunately we have music at our store and it’s the same playlist everyday. I leave the job with these same songs stuck in my head even on my days off. Makes me want to consume and shop so I’ve come to the conclusion that their “music” is really some sort of mind control tactic.

I’m looking for a very tranc-y song and it sounds like the woman is saying “sweeeeeeet life” but i can’t find it with those lyrics and every time I try and Shazam it, nothing comes up.. help! It’s super calming but also trancing, like you’re high.

I hate 95% of what they play. Whoever picks the music needs to talk to someone who programs a real radio station, because they're doing a shit job!

There was a song playing in the store the other day but ended before I could shazam it, it sounded like an EDM song and the main chorus was "it all comes back to youuu" anyone that can help me?

Last edited:
I like some of these songs listed, but if they play One Time by Justin Bieber when my remodel is done, I may need to clock out early due to becoming violently ill.

Back