Playing Music In Target?

Would You Want Music Playing In Target?

• Yaaaaaaaaas

Votes: 197 59.3%
  • Heck no

Votes: 135 40.7%

• Total voters
Seems like the Christmas playlist is heavy on the jazz era/old school music.

And fucking "Last Christmas" of course. That song fucking sucks.

At least no "I Feel Love" so far. Which means I don't have to quit. For now, anyway.

There was some song on about working hard and being nice to people. I'm like, "really target, you tryin to send us a message?"

Whatever the cover is of "Wonderful Christmastime" that they're playing, it sounds like they turned up the autotune WAY too much.

Also the version they play of "Jingle Bells" drives me crazy. It's like it can't decide if it's trying to be a slow or fast version of the song, and it'll change halfway through a verse.

Whatever the cover is of "Wonderful Christmastime" that they're playing, it sounds like they turned up the autotune WAY too much.

Also the version they play of "Jingle Bells" drives me crazy. It's like it can't decide if it's trying to be a slow or fast version of the song, and it'll change halfway through a verse.
Thank god I’m on LOA. Paul McCartney’s version or nothing.

Daisies - Katy Perry
If They Only Knew - Shinedown
Electric Love - Born
Time to Begin - Imagine Dragons
Believer - Imagine Dragons
Still Into You - Paramore
Waiting For You - Unlike Pluto
Nervous - Shawn Mendes
Everything Goes My Way - Metronomy
Rather Be - Clean Bandit
Human - The Killers
Absolutely Nothing - Lily Allen
Music Sounds Better With You - Stardust
Everywhere - Fleetwood Mac
If You're Over Me - Years&Years
Wicked Rhythm - SKAAR
Girl Like You - Toro y Moi
Familiar - Liam Payne

Does anyone know this pop song where it goes "Jam on it" or something similar? It sounds almost like a mystery skulls song

She Is Love - Parachute
Can't You See - Why Don't We
We Light Forever Up - Benny Benassi x Lush & Simon
Meet Me Halfway - Black Eyed Peas
Honest - Riley Clemmons

I FINALLY FOUND THE SONG THAT SOUNDS LIKE "I FEEL LOVE":
Come Around - Moon King

It seems they've added new songs to the lineup because now that Christmas is over there have been some real bangers. Lots of remixes, can't name a single one though.
I've noticed during overnights from about 1:00AM-6:00AMish they play deep house music, stuff you could totally vogue to. Hard not to do a little strut while pushing my OPU cart down the racetrack.

Let's Groove by Earth, Wind, and Fire is one of my favorite songs, and the cover that Target plays just sucks the life out of it.
I absolutely love that Return of the Mack by Mack Morrison is on the playlist. Such a classic!

It seems they've added new songs to the lineup because now that Christmas is over there have been some real bangers. Lots of remixes, can't name a single one though.
I've noticed during overnights from about 1:00AM-6:00AMish they play deep house music, stuff you could totally vogue to. Hard not to do a little strut while pushing my OPU cart down the racetrack.

Let's Groove by Earth, Wind, and Fire is one of my favorite songs, and the cover that Target plays just sucks the life out of it.
I absolutely love that Return of the Mack by Mack Morrison is on the playlist. Such a classic!
Yess! I'm surprised at how good some of the stuff they've picked is. Also they've brought back some good songs I haven't heard for some time now :)

Finally remembered to download Shazam but then forgot to Shazam any songs. I did manage to get 2! Nice n funky just the way I like it <3

Ian Pooley - 900 Degrees
Basement Jaxx - Jus 1 Kiss

New:
Julien Jabre - Swimming Places
Cuica - Why not Samba?

Last edited:
I'm glad my Target doesn't play music. If I had to hear Christmas music during November and December the whole time on my shifts and breaks I probably would have been pushed over the edge and quit my job.

What's the song that goes like "way up high up high" it's upbeat and has a part that sounds like it says "i think I left my conscience running around" or something like that

Jasmine Thompson - Words
Klee - This Is For Everyone

The first song is alright, but the latter drives me crazy. It's so annoyingly repetitive.

Jasmine Thompson - Words
Klee - This Is For Everyone

The first song is alright, but the latter drives me crazy. It's so annoyingly repetitive.
Speaking of repetitive...

"Why don't you leave if you wanna leave if you wanna leave if you wanna leave if you wanna leave if you wanna..."

We recently finished remodel and now have music. There's such a strange pool of songs that play. Like, Drake, U2, No Doubt, Barenaked Ladies, Big Sean, a bunch of 80's artists and a bunch of those songs that sound like they'd probably use them in Target commercials.

A couple of weeks in and I'm already hearing a lot of repeats though. It was annoying at first as I've grown to sing to myself in my head (and out loud) while doing a bunch Target's mind numbing tasks.
It'll repeat, especially if you work similar shifts... When I worked at Toys R Us decades ago and had a steady schedule I knew it was time to leave when Love Shack came on at exactly 4:55 everyday...

Ok, it has to be said. That Imagine Dragons song “Natural” is so annoying. Why does the singer sound so angry? He just yells throughout the whole song, it’s grating

we have music. we’ve had music ever since i’ve started there i can’t imagine not having it. we have one playlist tho and it just repeats and some of the songs really annoy me but overall i’d rather have that than no music at all it would be super weird to me

Back