Please read if y’all can I really need help with this

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have time to read this please do because I need some type of clarity. I work at target in Ga. and I’ve worked at two different ones I was a style consultant at both. My first one was great it was clean kinda small but the ppl were sooo nice my ETL worked beside the team members and even went up for guest first sometimes. My TL were so nice and cared about us and how we felt. Even complimented our work and really made it an at home feel you kno. Now the second one was the OPPOSITE as I got hired a girl warned me on who and who not to talk to and that the TL kiss ass and everything. Me being me I didn’t believe her cuz I’m the type to have to see it to believe it. So anyway I had a TL imma call her M. M was lazy, didn’t do her job she walked around the store like she owned it. She’s the type to see something on the floor and instead of picking it up she’s just tell u. She’ll talk your ear off and waste time and she talked to team members bout conversations y’all had. Which I think is against policy lol. But nevertheless I wasn’t beefing with her cuz even tho she was all those things she never disrespected me nor say I was a bad worker. Now this is where the story gets good. One day she had a talk with me talking bout my absences and “putting clothing in the wrong place” I told her I understood and ever since then I came 15 min early and clocked in 5 mins early I told her I’ll make sure to be on my P’s n Q’s. I wasn’t tripping on that. Until one of my coworkers saying “oh yeah M told me that your not doing your job and ur putting stuff in the wrong place” and mind you I worked in NIT my coworkers worked in Boys and girls and YC. That’s when I was like “wow wtf???” I never brought it up that I knew she was talking bout me I just let it slide. I’m a closer and everybody that’s closed has one AirPod in their ear and turned down just incase we’re called on walkie EVERYBODY! Even the TL in Guest first, one day before M left she told me I had 3 two tiers in the back and she wanted me to break them all out at the fitting rooms. There were two girls fitting room shifts after mine and I stayed a little longer so I could break all of them down. And if you work in style yk how hectic it can get from dealing strays upfront to dealing with guests clothing plus the clothes in the back. So a TL saw me and the two girls at the fitting room and thought we were talking and off task and he told Morgan. So the next day as soon I clock in damn near She pulls me in the back talking bout “some of the coworkers doesn’t think it’s fair that you be on ur phone on the floor and listening to music while u work when it’s closing.” I’m looking who tf said that 🤨🤨🤨 then she says “Also the TL told me you and some others were off task and I just wanna let you kno that ppl kiss ass here so if they see something they gone tell the higher ups” in my head I’m like okay sis u done?? She ask me if I wanted to say sum I said no and just started my shift. Then later on that night I ask each style team member if they had a problem with me wearing my AirPods during closing. They all said they could give two rats asses and that M needed to chill. (BTW everyone there thinks the same thing about her just never told HR or an ETL) so then I’m like Ik this girl ain’t lying 🤥. I then tell the other 2 girls what she said and to be ready for a lecture. That day came and they said they never had a conversation with her and when she saw them she actually just said hello and gave instructions. So that pissed me OFF! Already before all this I put my two weeks in and she found out and started talk to others how I’m finna leave. And everytime she talked to me she always brought up ppl putting in their two weeks. But anyway, that day I went to HR and told her everything and I mean EVERYTHING. Even parts where I was wrong I admit I was wayyyy to trusting with them other coworkers and should’ve kept my mouth closed and never gotten that close. But anyway after that situation I went back to work and started working then M walks to my section and says “If you don’t think u can finish your shift then clock out if u wanna gossip and be messy then u can clock out” (the irony😩🥴😮‍💨) I said to her “yk you don’t do ur job” which was bold!! I kno that I shouldn’t have said that. But if u gone be a terrible TL don’t come at me all buddy buddy then the next a fucking ass hole yk. Cuz I swear she would see me one day and smile then the next and ignore me. But anyway after I said that she said “you know what CLOCK OUT RN” I look at her like 😑 she like “yep clock out rn” I’m like this girl trippin I say to her I’m not going anywhere imma finish my shift cuz if I don’t I already kno u won’t. she leaves And then comes back with another TL for scare tactic and asks me to go. I tell her everyone feels the exact same way I feel and she has no friends. She says that’s okay cuz I make 3x times as much as u so that doesn’t matter. I tell her I hope u stay really healthy M. And she saying oh I will but feel free and not report back at work. I clock out and leave.

So I wanna kno from y’all Ik I was wrong and should’ve kept my mouth shut but cmon like do y’all agree she sucks bro. Also she’s reportedly been mean to other coworkers who doesn’t kiss her ass so i wasn’t the only one 🤷🏾‍♀️🤷🏾‍♀️ But what do y’all think about that?

So you put in your notice and then made a scene on the floor with your boss?

Either do what your boss tells you to or face getting cut off the schedule after you give notice. And no one cares if your peers think it’s OK that you wear AirPods. It’s not.

See that’s the problem with target employees y’all have this crazy power hungry mindset and extremely controlling. So what’s if I put my notice in. She’s extremely unprofessional, I work my ass off at that target I never called in. I was late a few times but got that corrected immediately they ask me to come in early I come in early they say stay late I stay late. Spreading my business amongst your “friends at work” is unprofessional asf. Plus she has a really bad habit of picking favorites her favorites can wear both AirPods have conversations on the phone on the floor and everything.

All stores are not the same . Some places we will be fortunate to get good leaders and the others not . If you feel you are targeted for no reason, you can always record the events and report to HR . But that might not always solve this . If you feel you don’t deserve it, the best option was to put in your two weeks . I would have just ignored her comments after that . But it’s up to you ! Better luck ahead.

See that’s the problem with target employees y’all have this crazy power hungry mindset and extremely controlling. So what’s if I put my notice in. She’s extremely unprofessional, I work my ass off at that target I never called in. I was late a few times but got that corrected immediately they ask me to come in early I come in early they say stay late I stay late. Spreading my business amongst your “friends at work” is unprofessional asf. Plus she has a really bad habit of picking favorites her favorites can wear both AirPods have conversations on the phone on the floor and everything.
Yeah, but none of that balances out making a scene on the sales floor.

Yeah I shouldn’t have said anything I was just so fed up cuz like how u gone say spreading rumors and gossiping when u did that to me??

At the time, I wouldn't have clocked out when the TL told me to (unless they were the only ones there because the entire confrontation is unprofessional - though I get why you did it). I'd have gone straight to my ETL, the closing TL, HR, SD... your ETL is going to want to know now why you clocked out early and that TL "M" is going to give her an earful. From what you're saying it doesn't seem likely that it'll be truthful. You might want to think about calling in to your ETL, stopping in at a time you know ETL will be there (but not the TL), or shooting your ETL an email ASAP.

For future reference (I'm assuming you're young, I'm so sorry if you're not and I've offended you) the next time you're cornered like that by a superior it's best to take the higher road. They're looking for a reason to make you look bad. That TL knows you're talking and will continue to talk. The more "M" can gather on you to make you look bad the better it looks for her. Now she has a witness to your behavior which makes her look even better.

I read, but a bit uncertain how to respond. Do you just want someone to agree with you ? What is the point if you are leaving anyway ?
i understand you want to vent but a better outlet may be your exit interview. To have credibility : Be specific and non-judge mental. Talk facts, not feelings or assumptions.

Every situation you explained: attendance conversations, gossip, favoritism, lies . . Etc. is nothing new. Employees that work for retail are notoriously not the pinnacle of professional - just the way things are. If they could get better jobs they probably would. Also, we ALL wish these situations didn’t happen in stores, but they do.

let me say “I am sorry for your bad experience”. In a perfect world none of that would have happened and you would still be working.
But, Keep in mind it takes 2 to tango - you should admit to yourself your own contributions to the situation - attendance issues, use of ear pods, nasty comments, gossip with other tm’s . . . Etc.- all don’t provide a strong foundation for a pleasant work environment. When you start working somewhere else try not to bring those bad habits there too or you shouldn’t be surprised by another toxic environment.

good luck in your future - learn from this experience that you often GET back what you GIVE and also : if someone else is not acting appropriately you do not have to join them - try to stay above it. You cannot control how others act, you can only control how YOU REACT.

Skimming through your book, sounds like you Sassed your TL 99% and made enough mistakes for her to notice you

. . .you alreadybknew how she was. I wouoda keot my mouth shut and left aftet my two weeka let them drown in their fakeness. I mean if it was such an isaue why wait until your two week notice to talk to HR you shoukd have tried that from day one. Not that they would have done mich HR is about as useless as a glacier in the desert. You left its done dont waste energy on what ifs and could haves. Take what you learned ans move to a better job. This is A typical of retail so if its retsil you go into this will eventually find you agsin. Management is a rotatinf door and shit heads aleays sneak in.

If you have time to read this please do because I need some type of clarity. I work at target in Ga. and I’ve worked at two different ones I was a style consultant at both. My first one was great it was clean kinda small but the ppl were sooo nice my ETL worked beside the team members and even went up for guest first sometimes. My TL were so nice and cared about us and how we felt. Even complimented our work and really made it an at home feel you kno. Now the second one was the OPPOSITE as I got hired a girl warned me on who and who not to talk to and that the TL kiss ass and everything. Me being me I didn’t believe her cuz I’m the type to have to see it to believe it. So anyway I had a TL imma call her M. M was lazy, didn’t do her job she walked around the store like she owned it. She’s the type to see something on the floor and instead of picking it up she’s just tell u. She’ll talk your ear off and waste time and she talked to team members bout conversations y’all had. Which I think is against policy lol. But nevertheless I wasn’t beefing with her cuz even tho she was all those things she never disrespected me nor say I was a bad worker. Now this is where the story gets good. One day she had a talk with me talking bout my absences and “putting clothing in the wrong place” I told her I understood and ever since then I came 15 min early and clocked in 5 mins early I told her I’ll make sure to be on my P’s n Q’s. I wasn’t tripping on that. Until one of my coworkers saying “oh yeah M told me that your not doing your job and ur putting stuff in the wrong place” and mind you I worked in NIT my coworkers worked in Boys and girls and YC. That’s when I was like “wow wtf???” I never brought it up that I knew she was talking bout me I just let it slide. I’m a closer and everybody that’s closed has one AirPod in their ear and turned down just incase we’re called on walkie EVERYBODY! Even the TL in Guest first, one day before M left she told me I had 3 two tiers in the back and she wanted me to break them all out at the fitting rooms. There were two girls fitting room shifts after mine and I stayed a little longer so I could break all of them down. And if you work in style yk how hectic it can get from dealing strays upfront to dealing with guests clothing plus the clothes in the back. So a TL saw me and the two girls at the fitting room and thought we were talking and off task and he told Morgan. So the next day as soon I clock in damn near She pulls me in the back talking bout “some of the coworkers doesn’t think it’s fair that you be on ur phone on the floor and listening to music while u work when it’s closing.” I’m looking who tf said that 🤨🤨🤨 then she says “Also the TL told me you and some others were off task and I just wanna let you kno that ppl kiss ass here so if they see something they gone tell the higher ups” in my head I’m like okay sis u done?? She ask me if I wanted to say sum I said no and just started my shift. Then later on that night I ask each style team member if they had a problem with me wearing my AirPods during closing. They all said they could give two rats asses and that M needed to chill. (BTW everyone there thinks the same thing about her just never told HR or an ETL) so then I’m like Ik this girl ain’t lying 🤥. I then tell the other 2 girls what she said and to be ready for a lecture. That day came and they said they never had a conversation with her and when she saw them she actually just said hello and gave instructions. So that pissed me OFF! Already before all this I put my two weeks in and she found out and started talk to others how I’m finna leave. And everytime she talked to me she always brought up ppl putting in their two weeks. But anyway, that day I went to HR and told her everything and I mean EVERYTHING. Even parts where I was wrong I admit I was wayyyy to trusting with them other coworkers and should’ve kept my mouth closed and never gotten that close. But anyway after that situation I went back to work and started working then M walks to my section and says “If you don’t think u can finish your shift then clock out if u wanna gossip and be messy then u can clock out” (the irony😩🥴😮‍💨) I said to her “yk you don’t do ur job” which was bold!! I kno that I shouldn’t have said that. But if u gone be a terrible TL don’t come at me all buddy buddy then the next a fucking ass hole yk. Cuz I swear she would see me one day and smile then the next and ignore me. But anyway after I said that she said “you know what CLOCK OUT RN” I look at her like 😑 she like “yep clock out rn” I’m like this girl trippin I say to her I’m not going anywhere imma finish my shift cuz if I don’t I already kno u won’t. she leaves And then comes back with another TL for scare tactic and asks me to go. I tell her everyone feels the exact same way I feel and she has no friends. She says that’s okay cuz I make 3x times as much as u so that doesn’t matter. I tell her I hope u stay really healthy M. And she saying oh I will but feel free and not report back at work. I clock out and leave.

So I wanna kno from y’all Ik I was wrong and should’ve kept my mouth shut but cmon like do y’all agree she sucks bro. Also she’s reportedly been mean to other coworkers who doesn’t kiss her ass so i wasn’t the only one 🤷🏾‍♀️🤷🏾‍♀️ But what do y’all think about that?

TLs who enforce target policy are not always the most liked. She should not have been spreading any gossip about anyone. Gossip is like airpods, they both should not be happening. Both are unprofessional. Airpods are also a safety issue. She should have pulled you into TSC to talk to you. If you were talking shit and being messy, you were in the wrong.

First of all AirPods on closing or not shouldn’t be on but that’s not a big deal. Second of all how far into your shift were you when she asked you to leave? If she asked you an hour or two you still get paid for 3hours it is against target policy to work any less than that.

I don’t see what the TL did wrong, other than tell people you were essentially lazy..

What Commie said, paragraphs. I'm adding in that you really should use a spell checker. Unless you don't expect anyone to actually read it.

You are highly unprofessional.
  • Asking the entirety of Style if your airpods bother them. Sorry, management doesn't run by committee, and you know that.
  • Saying "Everyone feels the exact same way I feel and she has no friends." Work's not a popularity contest and is not a social watering hole to make friends. It is do tasks in exchange for money.
  • Getting feedback on your work tasks is not failing a popularity contest. You should have left that mindset behind when you graduated high school. Fix your mistakes, don't bitch about the messenger.
  • Gossip off the clock, not on the clock. That includes bitching about management. Save it for when you are on your own time, and not when you are taking money and not doing the agreed upon tasks in return.

Bottom line, grow up. You sound like you are 18, not like a grown adult.

What Commie said, paragraphs. I'm adding in that you really should use a spell checker. Unless you don't expect anyone to actually read it.

• Asking the entirety of Style if your airpods bother them. Sorry, management doesn't run by committee, and you know that.
  • Saying "Everyone feels the exact same way I feel and she has no friends." Work's not a popularity contest and is not a social watering hole to make friends. It is do tasks in exchange for money.
  • Getting feedback on your work tasks is not failing a popularity contest. You should have left that mindset behind when you graduated high school. Fix your mistakes, don't bitch about the messenger.
  • Gossip off the clock, not on the clock. That includes bitching about management. Save it for when you are on your own time, and not when you are taking money and not doing the agreed upon tasks in return.

I feel like I couldn't have said it better. If you were expecting us agree with you then you came to the wrong place...

They hire drama kings and queens and political assholes there. At my store there’s a lot of them and I don’t try to get into deep convos with them if I do cus I don’t trust them. Managers there expect you to suck up to them and say yes all the time (which I don’t) and workers there either are like them or just love that type of enviorment. I even warn newbies who to avoid when it comes to talking about stuff in general but it’s all up to them who they wanna be known as there. Just avoid them and work and get paid. People these days are so damn soft and too scared to challenge you to your face.

If this was me, I wouldn’t have made a scene unless they are very disrespectful and test me in front of people, I’ll call them out for it. Seems like most ppl who work at Target across the country seems to say it’s normalized in their stores with the work culture. Glad you put in your two weeks because that company isn’t worth moving up because you either have to suck them off to get where you want to be or align with their politics (especially the left). I see it at my work and I’m just tryna take it day by day and ignore the bs and the managers know Ima do my thing as a CA and idc about them and their garbage and I won’t be walked over by them.

I had to reread some stuff just to understand what the point was, You personally need to not worry about validation, Who cares what people think if you are doing right but idk if you were or not. Anyways, Good luck with your new job.

Not telling you anything you don’t already know, but your TL M sounds like a low-down asshat who is both unprofessional and undeserving of being in leadership, not to mention a liar for telling you that she makes 3x what you make. At a $15 base wage for you, that would mean she is making $45 an hour, and Spot is way too cheap to pay that to a TL even if she is a world champion kiss ass. If leadership at your store expects that service from her, they expect it for free.
TLs should not be gossiping, telling TMs about a corrective that another TM has received (violation of confidentiality policy)or telling you things that other TMs have said about you (again, violation of confidentiality policy, and not very smart, either), if they even actually said them, and who knows whether or not they actually did.
Your co-workers probably didn’t go to HR about her because they know that HR is there to protect Target, not them, except in extraordinary, provable, illegal circumstances such as sexual harassment. Standing up for a TM over a TL would be a rare case indeed. Ditto the Hotline, and even more so.
A little advice for the future, as you know, the sales floor is not the place for a confrontation, even when instigated by your TL. In fact, it’s better for your job to avoid confrontations entirely, bite your tongue, and just keep on working. Some leaders will actually try to provoke a reaction from you to use it against you, and the same HR that won’t listen to you will listen to them. Since it is too late to avoid that confrontation, and you paid the price for it, it’s safe to say that you are likely a hero to the other TMs in your department who have to deal with her, and the story of that confrontation will likely run through the store grapevine forever, so that everyone in the store will know what type of a TL M is. Years from now people will still remember the day that TheLGirl234 told off that awful TL M. Not encouraging that behavior, but just reporting the likely results. Good luck to you in your future endeavors.😁
And a final word to your TL who will likely never see it or absorb its substance if she does: Don’t expect professional conduct from your team if you don’t model it yourself, the Golden Rule isn’t a yellow ruler, and
6315D3D3-8E84-4B35-94E2-1A55F712920D.jpeg

I would've gone with 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back