Archived "Please stop laughing, this is your review..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

talan123

Team Member/Troll
I love review time. I don't view it as an actual review. I view it as more of a performance. They have all the lines written and what they are going to say, you can get a pop or a snack before hand as well at ever increasing prices (BTW HR, if you want better reactions to team members, give them from free candy right before a review because it increases the blood sugar level which makes taking bad news easier because the brain has plenty of glucose to grab for those uncertain times). You will laugh, cry, and be degenerated by what comes from the scene. But what makes it truly worthwhile is those rare moments of absolute sincerity like "We just want you to know that we do appreciate all of the things you do for the store behind the scenes that makes the store run smoother."

Honestly, as long as you do your hardest and follow the rules at Target then you are really going to do OK to good. I have done it that way for sevenish years and I've gotten great reviews in all but one year.

But the one line that got me going was when they complimented me on my safety record. That's like recognizing Chernobyl for it's lack of nuclear accidents the last 26 years. In the last month I have had two guest "incidents" that only required one call to the police and I was electrocuted while plugging a TV in. Following best practices doesn't eliminate the risk but just reduces it, luck is still going to place a greater role in what happens than anything else and some people are just incredibly unlucky.

you've been told this before talan, last time you made this thread. If I remember correctly I coached you on proper electrocution/shocked terminology!

Reviews are a joke worth laughing at. But at least it was followed by a nice opinion survey, which is also worth laughing at. :wacko:

Reviews are a joke worth laughing at. But at least it was followed by a nice opinion survey, which is also worth laughing at. :wacko:

I finally got my review tonight...and then went to do the best team survey. I went from fuming to rolling on the floor with laughter...and I was one of the ones who got a good raise/review.

That's a really dangerous time for them to ask you to do the Best Team Survey. So many people walk out of the review mad and they're just setting themselves up for getting ripped a new one if they let people do that. Then again, if they deserve the bad marks on the survey, then there's no good time for them to have the TMs do it. They're going to get ripped no matter what.

MisterLogistics, you are technically correct, but totally missing the point.

How long have you been an exec? :sarcastic3:
What point? I get talan was exaggerating about being "shocked", it was funny...the first time he said it. A friend of mine was actually electrocuted plugging in a TV and died. Blew his anus completely inside out. His family had to replace the wall where his butt was pointed towards. Of course, none of that actually happened. But it could have to someone's friend and feelings could be hurt.

Exec? Just a logistics TM here, that's getting the hell out of Target (and America) in a couple of weeks.

I haven't had my review yet and I have a feeling if I get any raise it will be tiny. We just went through a MAJOR renovation; Pfresh and Starbucks! So I have a feeling that unless I save the life of one or more of the execs the raise will not be much, if anything. Although lately I have been getting red cards a lot, so that may go in my favor. I'm an old hat at the review, I never really take most of it too seriously and I am always grateful for any raise. :excited:

I haven't had my review yet and I have a feeling if I get any raise it will be tiny. We just went through a MAJOR renovation; Pfresh and Starbucks! So I have a feeling that unless I save the life of one or more of the execs the raise will not be much, if anything. Although lately I have been getting red cards a lot, so that may go in my favor. I'm an old hat at the review, I never really take most of it too seriously and I am always grateful for any raise. :excited:

If your pay week is on Friday you can already check EHR today (even from home) to see your pay statement and check your new pay rate. That's what i did cause my ETL went on vacation.

After 5 years with the company for me? 1.5% raise...

Also, amusingly enough thus marks the third time I didn't get my review on time. Last year because I was on LoA I never got one at all (even though I'm pretty sure you're supposed to receive it upon your return) and my first year came right during my promotion/transfer to a new store and my old ETL was too lazy to come to the new store to give it to me.

Target doesn't seem to take my review seriously, why should I?

Last edited:
I get what Talan is saying....mine basically consisted of my ETL-Rx reading it line-by-line, with a tiny bit of elaboration on a few "key" points, had a few laughs on a couple of others, we both signed it, she made me a copy, and we both went back to work. It would have saved us both a LOT of time if they had just done what they did last year (since she was on vacation) and handed it to me and said "Read this and let us know if you have any questions".

My GSTL told me at the start that she had a sore throat so she couldn't read it to me. I looked at her and said, "Not only am I an English major, but I've been reading by myself for a couple of years now. I'll point out the typos." She thought I was joking. There were four and she spelled my name wrong (twice) in one box.

The one complaint I had this year about my review was that the person who wrote it (my GSTL) talked to me about my attendance. I left early twice and called in twice from the time of the last review to this one (I became anal about documenting this, because she docked me on my attendance two years ago when I left early to go into labor and called in because I was in labor). The reason this bugged me is because she calls in once a week and stopped scheduling herself for closing nights/weekends. Really?!?

....she calls in once a week and stopped scheduling herself for closing nights/weekends. Really?!?

We had a GSTL who did that so much the ETL finally took over scheduling for the GSTLs & GSAs.
Karma & her red stilettos...

My store recently decided that the overworked and underpaid clerical is in charge of scheduling...for the whole store.

This is more sad than funny but I was shopping the other day and noticed words printed on one of the adsigns.
Happens all the time, someone accidentally prints something 3X5 on As Advertised cardstock etc. and then someone uses the cardstock without noticing.
Only this time it was somebodies review stuck for everybody to see.
I took it down and tore it up.

My GSTL told me at the start that she had a sore throat so she couldn't read it to me. I looked at her and said, "Not only am I an English major, but I've been reading by myself for a couple of years now. I'll point out the typos." She thought I was joking. There were four and she spelled my name wrong (twice) in one box.

The one complaint I had this year about my review was that the person who wrote it (my GSTL) talked to me about my attendance. I left early twice and called in twice from the time of the last review to this one (I became anal about documenting this, because she docked me on my attendance two years ago when I left early to go into labor and called in because I was in labor). The reason this bugged me is because she calls in once a week and stopped scheduling herself for closing nights/weekends. Really?!?

HEY! I was an English major too and I can't help but point out the typos/grammar errors in EVERYTHING...it's a definite asset in the pharmacy with the sig codes because those have to be perfect and I'll correct the signs around the TSC if I notice spelling errors ;)

BTW, speaking of typos, in the smilie list, the "threaten" one is listed as "treaten" ;)

Were you with Target last summer? "Make Summer FUNNER?" I literally cringed every time I walked into the building.

I finally got my review and I was quite pleased with it. It was still very standard review with Pfresh stuff thrown in. Not allowed I know to talk of specifics, but I came away smiling.

Real fun trying to do your BTS in a crowded work area with ETLs & TLs looking over your shoulder....

I'm still confused about the field of "Presents self in a neat and clean manner following dress and grooming guidelines, including name badge." As little as it matters, I would think I'd score high on that, seeing as I regularly opt for a red dress shirt and am the only person at the front lanes with the foresight to do their hair before they come to work. Do I need to wear a red suit?? Maybe I should ask if bowties are appropriate.

I'm still confused about the field of "Presents self in a neat and clean manner following dress and grooming guidelines, including name badge." As little as it matters, I would think I'd score high on that, seeing as I regularly opt for a red dress shirt and am the only person at the front lanes with the foresight to do their hair before they come to work. Do I need to wear a red suit?? Maybe I should ask if bowties are appropriate.

How do you get an outstanding on that? What more do I have to do, wear red stillettos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back