PMT question

Now two more older TM got let go. I posted a while a go about a TM always telling me to watch buying couponed meat because they are watching us more than the guest when we check out. Which buying couponed meat is fine. She also would constantly warn other Team members about the cameras when texting or standing and talking. She mentioned the cameras all the time. She was there about 20 years. TL’s told us she got fired for stealing at self check out. It’s so out of character for her. It has to be true right? They fired her the beginning of the shift and we are very short handed and no replacement for her. I told her to sue them for slander and she said it’s not worth the stress.

They have to be very sure about theft cases. And I'm pretty sure I hey don't ever fire on just one instance. If it was theft, I would be confident that it happened.
Why they started looking in her direction is another matter. If they were looking for a reason, unfortunately, it looks like they found one.

TL’s told us she got fired for stealing at self check out. It’s so out of character for her. It has to be true right?
Don’t know if they told the truth or not, but TLs (or anybody else in leadership, HR, or AP, for that matter), are not supposed to say anything about anyone being fired for stealing or anything else. All they are supposed to say is “so and so isn’t with us anymore”, for confidentiality and liability reasons.

Don’t know if they told the truth or not, but TLs (or anybody else in leadership, HR, or AP, for that matter), are not supposed to say anything about anyone being fired for stealing or anything else. All they are supposed to say is “so and so isn’t with us anymore”, for confidentiality and liability reasons.

Supposed to doesn't always happen. My store is generally glad to let the rumor mill work its magic when a TM is caught for theft. Let's others know that they are being watched. It's hush hush when people are fired for other reasons.

Supposed to doesn't always happen. My store is generally glad to let the rumor mill work its magic when a TM is caught for theft. Let's others know that they are being watched. It's hush hush when people are fired for other reasons.
My store does the perp walk to get the point across. Guess there’s no liability or breaching confidentiality for what people observe, but even after someone is walked out to the police car if anyone asks what happened the story is still ”so and so isn’t with us anymore”.🙄

My TL has told me every time someone was going to get fired before they got fired. Told why and when. Of coarse I tell one person. She tells one person. Ect...

My store does the perp walk to get the point across. Guess there’s no liability or breaching confidentiality for what people observe, but even after someone is walked out to the police car if anyone asks what happened the story is still ”so and so isn’t with us anymore”.🙄
When this happened my TL showed everyone the mug shot. Seriously.

Back