Archived POG Batches & Research

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't the items come out of the POG batch? Never really understood why some items have back room locations but are not in the batch.

Accumulator issues. This is why you should never backstock merch pulled in a PTM batch.

Last edited:
Research what doesn't come out in the POG fill. The accumulator is probably screwed up for those items.

There is also an issue that seems at least in my store to have gotten somewhat better they would drop a POG batch and half the stuff would not drop in the batch.. We come along and everything comes out..

A new issue we are seeing is that if an item is NCF(non carry forward or D-Code lite as I call it) will not show as NCF nor will it pull in a batch. Research or stand alone outs.

My device issues, start scanning with a PDA and it all comes out.. So check stuff for that as well.. Found this with the lawn and garden seasonal set.. We kept scanning it heavy and nothing pulled so we did some digging.. Pallets of stuff pulled.

^^^My device issues drop all POGs with a PDA or immediately after push shoot a research batch. Our fix and it seems to work after we basically tied most of the POG team to a steak and threatened to burn them for not researching their new POGs after pushing they seem to get much more fill than with just a MyDevice POG drop.

Cause our research batches were huge the next day after they would set and push, and at first we thought it was cause they dropped the batches the night before so overnight could pull them.. We though product was just getting missed cause it came in after the batch was pulled but before the truck got back stocked. But nope that was not it, well not even close to what we had hoped. It just wasn't dropping in batches cause most of it was already in the store when they dropped the batches..

PTM we are taking the same approach since we found the MyDevice doesn't see or seem to understand what NCF is, so it does nothing with it even when you ask for it.

MyDevices are completely useless for shooting PTM batches. Standalone PTM on the PDAs all the way.

Well we were told use the MyDevice only and we had to since PDA's are hogged by pricing and sales floor that haven't had their hands slapped. Backroom is excused since they are required for their job..

After a couple embarrassing PTM issues yeah PDA only.. I had a software developer take a guess and his thought was that NCF is an edge case since you can if need back stock it. That it doesn't fit the pull/not pull question that regular active or discontinued product can answer when the system figures out what to pull or not pull. So it sits in purgatory until a PDA with the old requirements drops it.

He said he could be totally wrong, but crap like this happens all the time when you don't actually talk to the people who do the work..

Why don't the items come out of the POG batch? Never really understood why some items have back room locations but are not in the batch.
Are you referring to a a NEW POG fill, or an existing POG fill? In addition to the possibility of sales accumulator issues, many of the items may not meet the threshold for a pull. Typically items will require 30-70% of the shelf to be empty. They also won't pull if they are in a price change batch or in the price change workload. If there is a DCI that day for that item it may not pull as it will just come straight off the truck.

There is also an issue that seems at least in my store to have gotten somewhat better they would drop a POG batch and half the stuff would not drop in the batch.. We come along and everything comes out..

A new issue we are seeing is that if an item is NCF(non carry forward or D-Code lite as I call it) will not show as NCF nor will it pull in a batch. Research or stand alone outs.

My device issues, start scanning with a PDA and it all comes out.. So check stuff for that as well.. Found this with the lawn and garden seasonal set.. We kept scanning it heavy and nothing pulled so we did some digging.. Pallets of stuff pulled.
You're correct on NCF, we are actually going over this today in a meeting. The process was supposed to change so that people wouldn't be flex filling a whole aisle like crazy, but we understand that that communication has broken down which has caused many headaches at the store. Not sure which way it will go, but either we will keep it the same and better communicate the expectations to all the stores and team leads or we will look at including NCF (or discontinued soon as I like to call it)

Are you referring to a a NEW POG fill, or an existing POG fill? In addition to the possibility of sales accumulator issues, many of the items may not meet the threshold for a pull. Typically items will require 30-70% of the shelf to be empty. They also won't pull if they are in a price change batch or in the price change workload. If there is a DCI that day for that item it may not pull as it will just come straight off the truck.

You're correct on NCF, we are actually going over this today in a meeting. The process was supposed to change so that people wouldn't be flex filling a whole aisle like crazy, but we understand that that communication has broken down which has caused many headaches at the store. Not sure which way it will go, but either we will keep it the same and better communicate the expectations to all the stores and team leads or we will look at including NCF (or discontinued soon as I like to call it)

Elaborate, please? what process was supposed to change, and what changed? When was it supposed to have changed?

thanks!

Elaborate, please? what process was supposed to change, and what changed? When was it supposed to have changed?

thanks!

The PTM process WAS supposed to change, long story short it's not changing. We'll be adding "Active-NCF" (I believe we are going to start calling them "Discontinued soon" on the myDevice as that seems to make more sense) items back into the discontinued POG fill on MyDevice 2 releases from now. We had intentionally left them out, but we'll be adding them back in now.

The PTM process WAS supposed to change, long story short it's not changing. We'll be adding "Active-NCF" (I believe we are going to start calling them "Discontinued soon" on the myDevice as that seems to make more sense) items back into the discontinued POG fill on MyDevice 2 releases from now. We had intentionally left them out, but we'll be adding them back in now.
May I ask what a general picture of the new PTM process would've looked like? I only ask because leaving active NCF off of discontinued fills doesn't make much sense to me. I mean, it's not discontinued yet, but it's going to be soon...so why not push it out now if we have space to fill?

May I ask what a general picture of the new PTM process would've looked like? I only ask because leaving active NCF off of discontinued fills doesn't make much sense to me. I mean, it's not discontinued yet, but it's going to be soon...so why not push it out now if we have space to fill?

Cause sometimes you need to back stock some of it when other things you flexed over came in and you can't just shove it all out.. That flexibility needs to stay. My store gets slammed with product that has gone Discontinued that is true D-Code meaning that has to go out, while the NCF is represented we may need to squeeze it down for the D-Code. I have even seen NCF change from NCF to Active when an isle resets so I always hedge my bets with it..

Cause sometimes you need to back stock some of it when other things you flexed over came in and you can't just shove it all out.. That flexibility needs to stay. My store gets slammed with product that has gone Discontinued that is true D-Code meaning that has to go out, while the NCF is represented we may need to squeeze it down for the D-Code. I have even seen NCF change from NCF to Active when an isle resets so I always hedge my bets with it..
There are times when you can't fit any more product into a run and you have all kinds of stuff piled in the back, but more often than not I am looking for things to fill my aisles. We don't get pushed Dcode after the fact all too often and I am on top of purging dcode from the get go. I drop PTM pulls for many of my aisles every few weeks to see if anything has gone dcode that I can flex out somehow. Once my aisles go PTM, it's not long before I need anything I can find. Maybe my instocks and replenishment/OHs are just below average though.

I have seen dcode become active. My guess is "item merge" or "mistake generated by corporate."
I've seen things be clearance, ticketed and all, switch back to active. It's always fun to take the tickets off them. If a revision doesn't come along to replace a dcode item, I usually see that item become active again at some point.

A lot more empty spaces would have been what it looked like.

@OtherGuy kind of off topic, but has there been discussion on improvements when it comes to POG fills when the given adjacency hours for a POG is 0.0?

We had a bunch of electronics revisions this week and most of them are just pog header updates. I was surprised to see the PDA didn't have any batches in the system until I checked TWT and noticed that the POGs were tied but the Fill portion is not done. I had to manually fill them on the PDA..

@OtherGuy kind of off topic, but has there been discussion on improvements when it comes to POG fills when the given adjacency hours for a POG is 0.0?

We had a bunch of electronics revisions this week and most of them are just pog header updates. I was surprised to see the PDA didn't have any batches in the system until I checked TWT and noticed that the POGs were tied but the Fill portion is not done. I had to manually fill them on the PDA..
On hours to the task , are not part of my device. But, if your back room does everything 100% like back stocking, etc. your pong fill should be pulled quickly & pushed to the floor.

For some reason our asstd case packs never seem to come out. Is the pog fill looking for the DPCI or the DPCI of the assorted case pack?

On hours to the task , are not part of my device. But, if your back room does everything 100% like back stocking, etc. your pong fill should be pulled quickly & pushed to the floor.

POG fills are dropped even if there's nothing in the back. But for some reason, these REVs did not drop one at all. For each of these, I manually dropped batches through a PDA. Even though they're revisions, the PDA gave me an error msg saying "this POG is not a revision". Then when I try to drop a fill using New POG Fill, I'm given a prompt as if I was tying in an SPL.

You haven't run into something like this before? Seems to happen to our store quite a bit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back