Archived POG/HL/SL all asking me to pull batches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Title, and I just don't have enough time. Our BR day shift usually starts at either 9 or 10 and our priorities are as follows:

1. Autofills(usually none until 12s)
2. Price Changes
3. Daily Audit
4. SDA
5. Research Batches

These are our only obligations, not pulling batches for POG, hard lines, soft lines, and whoever else. I don't have a problem doing it. In fact, I like helping them out because the TL will give me free meal cards and hours in their departments and teach me things. I really don't mind doing them, but the situations are getting to the point to where they talk to my TL and ask if I can pull when I come in. My TL tells them if I have time I will, and I do IF I have time. Usually they aren't big, but sometimes I'll get one that is 75 DCPIs and 700 eaches, and that will take me a bit longer and may even require two vehicles depending on the product.

The result of all this is me telling everyone I will get to it when I can, and then only being able to help out 3 out of the 5 people that asked me. It just sucks because it makes it seem like I'm choosing who I help, when I go strictly by my TLs suggestions and who comes to me first. I know they are allotted hours to pull their own stuff, but I really don't mind at all. It's kind of fun in a way to me, maybe I'm insane I'm not sure. Not to mention it really helps them out, let's them focus on guest service, doesn't jumble up the back room when we have people back stocking, and lets you get to know your coworkers in the process.

I don't think there is a solution, maybe I'm just venting but it's just a shitty situation when I feel like I'm letting down 2 people who may be wondering why I didn't get to their stuff, but I was able to pull the other person's batches without a problem.

Cliffs:
-People ask me to pull batches
-Not enough time
-I like pulling batches but go by first come first serve
-Don't want people to think I'm playing favorites by whose stuff I pull
-Maybe I'm just venting, maybe no solution at al.

Sorry for incredibly long read

No worries, it's nothing like some of the WALLS OF TEXT we've seen on here.

You can only get to what you have time for. If you're not sure what to prioritize, ask your TL or the LOD. Then if anyone has a problem with their POGs not having been pulled, your ass is covered.

No worries, it's nothing like some of the WALLS OF TEXT we've seen on here.

You can only get to what you have time for. If you're not sure what to prioritize, ask your TL or the LOD. Then if anyone has a problem with their POGs not having been pulled, your ass is covered.

I know I'm covered, my TL doesn't really like for me to pull their batches but she deals more with Instocks than the BR. She thinks they should use their own hours to pull their batches and not waste her hours tasking me out, but if I have everything else taken care of, as long as I don't mind she doesn't mind either.

The thing that worries me is upsetting my coworkers, particularly those with higher rank, that could come to screw me out of hours later on down the road if hours are slim in the back room. That and I don't want to think I'm being unpleasant or difficult or have anyone be that way to me.

When hours are tight and the workload is heavy, they have to understand that you're dealing with the same issues as them. This time of year, everyone struggles to get through their workload. It's great that you're willing to be a team player and help them out, but like I said, you can only get to what you have time for.

Your Log TL is most likely the one who writes your schedule, so you shouldn't have to worry about being screwed out of hours.

i always appreciate when the br pulls for me (pogtl) but i dont expect it. ours morning br person doesnt have all the stuff you have. our pfresh person does the sda. our morning br that comes in at 4 does the audit batch and price changes and autos.. cafs dont start till 11 so they focus on research and pogs till then

Backroom always pulls for POG/HL/SL. Price changes are typically pulled the night before at our store. The backroom SDA will usually not get done until around 10 AM and there are some days where it's the middle of the afternoon and we have to remind the backroom team that it still needs done. Then again, we are a high volume store and between flow & backroom there's always a ton of people around in the morning as far as logistics.

POG has been getting better lately about pulling their own batches, but they never backstock them. With the massive salesplans this week, they were taking all our vehicles for themselves and doing their famous "plano dump and run" where they shove their shopping carts full of cardboard and trash by the baler and leave the ugliest vehicles of SUBT999 in the stockroom, in any location they please, because they're late to punch out every single day and they have to go RIGHT NOW.

This wasn't a big deal when they were getting the majority of their work done before 12:30, when the BR AM team leaves. But lately they're not finished setting until 2:30 or later, when I'm the only one in the backroom. So we spend all morning with nothing to do, then I get piles of crap dumped on me when I have very little time to clean it up.

if you look up best practice presentation hr for their sets include pulling time plano shpuld pull there own batches...salesplanners and softline batches are br day responibilty but at my store they have to drop the batch the night before and we pull it if they dpnt drop batches the night before they pull their pwn batches the next mornong

Where exactly can I find that info about plano pulling their own batches. At my store br day does it all and we usually only have 2 people with no overlap with the occasional mid sat/sun. What about plano backstock do they have to do that also?

Where exactly can I find that info about plano pulling their own batches. At my store br day does it all and we usually only have 2 people with no overlap with the occasional mid sat/sun. What about plano backstock do they have to do that also?

We only have 1 BR day at any given time. we pull POG and backstock. I don't mind, just not enough time.

@EMFlow i will give you exact info when i go back to work....but as far as backstock its done by backroom....we were having issues with plano batches so my etl log and myself did some investigating n found the info. so its a br tm that pulls the plano batches but the hours they pull r under presentation

Our backroom has always pulled everyone's batchs. If my team (Presentation) had to pull there own we would carryover so much workload every week. Unless they gave us more hours which wo old not likely happen. We usually have a backroom team member at 6am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back