• Start date
  • Replies 10
  • Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JimmyTarget

Hi all-

I was wondering how to find what aisle/endcap the transitions/salesplans go on. I can do revisions fine by just scanning a few items and going from there. I've tried to use the section maps, but I can't seem to figure it out.

Or when looking at TWT knowing what the funky names mean for planos needing to be done.

the PTL should have a binder of the latest Adjacency for any given section, domestics h&b etc, most of them will have salesplanner base numbers on the endcap sections, although some are best judgment.

the PTL should have a binder of the latest Adjacency for any given section, domestics h&b etc, most of them will have salesplanner base numbers on the endcap sections, although some are best judgment.

Is there something on the adjacency that coordinates TO the POG sheets? That I can do if my PTL isn't there?

most salesplanners ive done have their label strips (if any) start their name with something like: D33 pretendpogname

we just did shoes earlier this week, all of the sales planners showed up on the adjacency as E 1 through 10, not anywhere near actual E block, but thats just how target rolls

asants but, if in doubt, print a header, it should start with a letter and a number, which should coincide with the latest adjacency

most salesplanners ive done have their label strips (if any) start their name with something like: D33 pretendpogname

we just did shoes earlier this week, all of the sales planners showed up on the adjacency as E 1 through 10, not anywhere near actual E block, but thats just how target rolls

asants but, if in doubt, print a header, it should start with a letter and a number, which should coincide with the latest adjacency

Okay thank you! Also- What exactly does asants mean?

It *should* be based upon salesfloor priority.

Example, market salesplanners will begin with "01" then a letter designating back or front. So if you have room for 5 front endcaps and room for 8 back, you'll see....

01F 14bd Starbucks 3/5-4/4
02F MealsPF Promo 3/5-4/4
03F 16bd Kellogs CER 3/5-4/4
04F ....
05F ....

Then....

06B SomethingSomething 3/5-4/4

And so on. Every endcap will have a designated priority that you can look up on your adjacency. Typically it "snakes", so if your dry market starts on G21 then 01F will be G21, 02F will be G23, then maybe you have the permanent Keurig endcap on G25, then G27 will be 04F, then you have your cereal ad rot on G29, then your permanent candy end on G31, then bulk on G33, then G35 will be 05F, then G38 will be 06B and so on. On your adjacency, next to every endcap, it'll tell you what it should be...so it'll say "Cereal Ad Rot" right next to G29, or "AsSeenonTV" next to B30 or "Permanent Floor Care" on C38....

Or in the case of market

Right next to G21 it'll say "D120 01F", meaning that it's salesplanner department 120, priority 01F. If your store starts setting endcaps on it's designated priority, it makes things sooooooo much easier. You don't end up taking down salesplanners early accidentally for a new one and you rarely have to try to "fit" in salesplanners where they may not belong. And you can place your usual carry forward saleplanners, or speciality salesplanners where they are supposed to go so you're not constantly moving it around, or it gets set on the endcap with the right dimensions so you're not trying to fit product on shelving it wasn't designed to do it on. This really helps in C and D block as you randomly get hit with endcaps with larger basedecks or smaller heights and there are multiple departments spanning multiple blocks.

In case, you do not know how to read a pick label.
On the pick label, there can be a few "indicators" that dictate what to do with the product. On the label, it will be near the "Ad 08/21" in the example. If there is a "P", it means it needs to be pushed out. If there is an "S", it means stage. "B" means it's backstock...and part of the backrooms metrics is making sure that all product that has a "B" indicator gets backstocked. Otherwise your team is being inefficient and taking stuff out to the floor when they don't have to. If your store is a "Push All" store, this is how you tell the difference between what you need to take to the floor and what stays in the back without scanning everything on the line.

With the change to myPerformance though, it could be that this isn't a key metric anymore. I haven't dived into the backroom metrics with myPerformance.

Typically your NOP product will have some kind of info on the pick label that will give you a bit of insight on what's going on with it. If it's on AD, it could be there will be staged off area on the floor...or it could be that the planogram isn't in the system yet, so there will be a T indicator(Transition) with the date letting you know when it will be set. But if it's NOP or D-Code at this point, been in your store for awhile, and it looks like there will be no space or planogram for it in the foreseeable future...mySupport it, and request a CLR markdown on it.

318718_orig.png

@RetailWorld nailed it! Mad props!

I will tell you though that it doesn't always make sense to put salesplanners according to their priority. I tried doing that in market for about 9 months and then quit. I got rid of the water bulk end because it doesn't sell in my store and the space on the back wall is enough to support our sales (plus coke and Pepsi don't have to switch out the one bulk endcap every week), pogs that are basically reties sometimes move locations between set dates, got rid of the bread endcap because my vendors never kept it full, got rid of the cereal ad rotation because we never have enough to fill the endcap and home, the company wanted candy on the back side of grocery near perishables instead of by snacks and they tend to want all the ones with tons of specialty signing on the back side which makes no sense. Not to mention that when I go to reset a salesplanners that is breaking, I usually have to pick one that is 90-100% here versus the one that is "supposed to go there," but is only 30% here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back