Archived Point to checking "I plan to use vacation..." in MAX self?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know MAX is going to way of the dodo but is there any reason to check "I plan to use vacation/PH hours..." when requesting time off? If checked, it's not like it directs you to the vacation page or automatically submits vacation hours and you can still request hours if you don't check it off.

I know MAX is going to way of the dodo but is there any reason to check "I plan to use vacation/PH hours..." when requesting time off? If checked, it's not like it directs you to the vacation page or automatically submits vacation hours and you can still request hours if you don't check it off.

Yes, the point is that it lets HR know you want to be paid as opposed to unpaid time off.

Thank you captain obvious.

They have never denied me any vacation time when I didn't check the box but still requested it.

If you check that they send you a message before your time off reminding you to fill out the vacation/PH hours form, since you can only do that within two weeks of the time off.

I'm pretty sure I've gone back more than two weeks. I used up as much as I could before I started working well over my average hours.

If you check that they send you a message before your time off reminding you to fill out the vacation/PH hours form, since you can only do that within two weeks of the time off.

I don't understand what that little box is about. I get the same message!

Well at least we are able to use them during slow periods. My brother works at a grocery store, and they are only able to use vacation pay on actual scheduled time off instead of using it to fill in a slow work week.

Years ago you could just "cash out" your vacation time. When they announced at a huddle you could only use your vacation time "up to Average" hours, I asked if that was legal and that it was hours that I had earned and I should be able to use them how and whenever I saw fit. Yeah, I got coached.

That's horrible - and honestly if I think they got challenged on that legally they'd lose.

At my FT job if you can use your vacation however you'd like - you can even buy out a week of vacation time and not take any time off if you're a non-exempt employee - and since it's non worked time, it doesn't effect overtime or anything like that so it shouldn't matter.

If you put vacation time in for a future week and it gets approved and you pick up hours that week, you still get the vacation. It happened to me once.

Years ago you could just "cash out" your vacation time. When they announced at a huddle you could only use your vacation time "up to Average" hours, I asked if that was legal and that it was hours that I had earned and I should be able to use them how and whenever I saw fit. Yeah, I got coached.

This is why old-timers at my store always push to keep their hrs up, either by scheduling or picking up shifts. That way they kept their avg up while earning vay-cay & used said pay only during an hrs famine.

This is semi-off topic, but I HATE that the "average hours" rule applies to sick time too. There's been plenty of times when I've wanted to call in, but didn't because I knew I couldn't use ANY of my 70+ hours of sick time. It's bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back