Archived *POLL*: Do you have "supervisor access"?

Do you have supervisor access?

• Yes

Votes: 49 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 40 44.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can requisition, override coupons, etc, ring alcohol for minors. My Starbucks ASTs are so they can requisition supplies.

I'm curious as to what you mean by this. It might be different in other states, but at least in mine we don't have to "override" an alcohol sale for a minor. It'll just pop up with the ID verification screen like normal, and a TM who is over 18 will come over and scan the alcohol/ID without a need to enter supervisor numbers or anything like that. Is that not how it works at your store?

I'm curious as to what you mean by this. It might be different in other states, but at least in mine we don't have to "override" an alcohol sale for a minor. It'll just pop up with the ID verification screen like normal, and a TM who is over 18 will come over and scan the alcohol/ID without a need to enter supervisor numbers or anything like that. Is that not how it works at your store?

Nope. You need a supervisor code. Or long that person out and do it on your numbers.

In my state, it requires a supervisor override. And I swear everyone who buys alcohol seeks out the minors.

Very interesting because unless that changed over the last ~6 months or so, alcohol doesn't require a supervisor override in my store. It rings just the same for minors as it does for adults, but we just make sure that they know to call over someone over the age of 18 in order to physically ring up the item. No supervisor access or re-logging necessary.

4+ years in, this kid still doesn't have a cashier number, boom.
Your team member number is your cashier number but you would have to set up a pin to log into the register. Our BR Team Members all have their register log in set up, but we avoid having BR back up. It happens very, very rarely. Maybe twice a year.

If I understand correctly supervisor access can only be granted to certain job codes. Your position must not have allowed it, especially since they wouldn't key you in as a GSA. END QUOTE]

I myself was keyed in as a Photo TM along with another Photo TM. She had supervisor numbers, I did not. I was hard-locked from being able to have supervisor numbers and could not get a reasonable explanation as to why she could have them and I couldn't. We we're both expected to cover the front at various times, but I didn't have access to supervisor functions, unlike my fellow photo TM.

Eventually their solution was to just take the supervisor access away from her, rather than giving me access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back