Archived Poor ETL training

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the same way. I'm training for HR I've been told that I'm not ready, though it's more because I've been told that HRs must be outgoing, and I'm not the type of person that has ever tried to make everyone like me lol.

Sorry if I missed something but last Q4 I was in training as well. I had a good experience overall and picked up on things quickly but my trainer suggested holding me back due to the craziness of Q4. I would just be open and honest with your trainer and STL to see where your opps are during your statuses. Heck, I guess I wouldn't even wait for those bi-weekly statuses. Just be upfront and let the STL know you need more from your trainer and the STL should give them feedback. But, unless the trainer is THAT bad, I don't think you can hold it against them this time of the year.

The first step is that you have to own your training. Like others have said, the training ETL probably does not care at all if you succeed or not. The best thing you can do in this situation is ask very high scope questions to your trainer. Ask things like "What are your goals and strategies for improving your front end's X (conversion, vibe, turnover, BTS results)?" or "How do you hold TL's accountable on the salesfloor?" or things like that. Your trainer will either provide a good answer or not. If they do, then you just improved your training. If not, then ask "Who in our district has done the best at X and why?" and then write that store down. Once you are out of business college be sure to reach out to those stores and even ask to status or shadow them. I had a crappy trainer once, and then the next week I was at a neighboring store because I figured out they were better at GE than my training store!

I have since requested to change trainers and my experience has been 100% positive since then. I now have total control of my training and I spend one on one time with the training ETL daily. My new trainer and STL are way more approachable than the last two were. I ask many questions without the fear of sounding dumb.

It's now in the past and I've moved on from the last store. The TM's there made me feel welcomed, but the leadership tended to clique up and I felt like an outsider. This store is positive and I wish I trained here for all of my 6 weeks.

Thanks @Rock Lobster and @RCKing for the advice!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back